PC Titanfall Direct x install error

by Masondune

Original Post

Re: PC Titanfall Direct x install error

★ Apprentice

Just got a crash in titanfall for the first time :\ I was smashing em too had 7 titan kills and 18 pilot kills and 3 deaths.. anyone able to diagnose this? Seem's DirectX is the issue here? Seems like this is an known issue?

PC SPECS:

MOBO: Rampage IV Extreme

CPU: 3930K @ 4.9ghz 

RAM: 32GB G.SKILL 2466mhz

GPU: GTX 780 Ti Classified (SLI) 1380mhz (only use one during game as Titanfall doesn't completely support it)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: TitanFall.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 530b9c18
Fault Module Name: materialsystem_dx11.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 530d6142
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000000f1890
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 9666
Additional Information 2: 966672b34d887ab80222efb80fc89bf1
Additional Information 3: 95c3
Additional Information 4: 95c3ebdaf79b79e93287848ae6dfc52d

Message 11 of 25 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@eadavid wrote:

I did see a person encountering a similar issue during the Beta. Their reported fix was to so the following:

Step 1. Goto your Titanfall folder > _Installer > directx > redist. Remove all .cab files (delete them) while leaving the .dll and .exe files
Step 2. Copy your directx folder and place it in the __Installer folder (Or the main game directory).
Step 3. Install through Origin (If this doesn't work the first time repeat it at least 3 more times)

Can you explain Step 2?  I'm supposed to copy the directx folder to the same folder it's in?  Honestly, I'm baffled by step 2 after step 1. I deleted all cab files. And retried many times.  It refuses to install.  I have no idea where I'm copying this other directx folder from.

Message 12 of 25 (2,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried basically all the tips on how to fix this issue and it still doesnt work. I deleted all the files and re-installed but this didnt work, I tried repairing the files, i deleted the cab files then repaired but all of it still ends in the same result. I am frustrated and need help. I have windows 8.1, core i7, 12gb RAm. If anyone can help me i would be very appretiative

Message 13 of 25 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am running into issues with the DirectX error as well and unlike the other posts here i am NOT able to find any installation files because the installaition is failing.  I am trying to install the PC DVD based version.  Additionally, I tried to do the repair through Origin and that did not work and now every time I try to re-install the game, Origin takes over inestad of letting the DVDs complete the install.

I saw on one area where EA blamed Microsoft but this is not a microsoft issue as I have the most recent version of Direct X installed on my computer.  There seems to be a flaw in the install that needs to be fixed.  It is very aggraving that we are spending good money for this game and people have nothing but probelms with installing it.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated and here are my specs.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Processor @ 3.20GHz
RAM
15.9 GB
Motherboard
MSI Z87-G43 (MS-7816) (SOCKET 0) 28 °C
Graphics
VE245 (1920x1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6670 (XFX Pine Group)
Hard Drives
2147GB Seagate ST3000DM001-1CH166 ATA Device (SATA) 30 °C
783GB AVD ST3000DM 001-1CH166 CC43 (NULL)
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device
ASUS DRW-24B1ST i ATA Device
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223B ATA Device
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Message 14 of 25 (2,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi

I had this issue and my dad looked and said it was a dxsetup issue,so he downloaded the dxwebsetup renamed it to dxsetup and replaced the file in the redist folder,this caused a command line error which then skipped to the next bit of the install.my dad said that i could of mabye just deleted or renamed that file of but this worked for me.

Euan

Message 15 of 25 (2,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried everything I have read on the support forums for this game. Nothing works!!! I've been at it for 2 days now dleeting cab files reinstalling etc....  Same issue every time direct X file did not install.  Getting to be a hudge waste of time. 

Message 16 of 25 (1,837 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me and let me progress to the audio unpacking. Thank you!

Message 17 of 25 (1,744 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thx a whole lotConfusedmileyhappy:that just worked for me on dragon age origins, had to do the command line error twice but it worked:heart:

Message 18 of 25 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried repairing the game and ive looked in the titanfall folder and dont have any .cab files just winrar and .dll extensions and an .exe. the game installed but wont let me play it just pops a window up that says i need directx 10.0 but i have directx 11? i dont know what to do i just want to kill stuff lol

Message 19 of 25 (945 Views)

★ Apprentice

Now Not working

Message 20 of 25 (866 Views)