Origin Overlay Disabled in Titanfall?

by storm0fsnow

Original Post

Origin Overlay Disabled in Titanfall?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm having a problem with Titanfall on my PC. I don't know if I accidentally hit some setting to cause this, but now, I'm not able to access the Origin overlay. In-game, it says "Origin Overlay Disabled"

I can't find anything online that tells me what the problem is (other than actual glitches & bugs with the Origin overlay). This is simply a feature that got disabled somehow, and I don't know how to re-enable it.

Any help would be great.

Message 1 of 30 (27,157 Views)

Re: Origin Overlay Disabled in Titanfall?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Serious? No Answers? 

I even tried googling it again and found my thread through it.

The only thing I've done was use Geforce experience for optimal settings. I then reverted it just in case that was the problem. 

It literally says in-game that Origin is disabled. Nobody has an answer for this?

http://i.imgur.com/bRtEIck.jpg

Message 2 of 30 (27,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue as well. I've heard that people running Fraps have issues. And when they close Fraps it fixes it. Maybe that will fix your problem, but I'm unfortunately not running that and haven't been able to find a fix yet, aside from possibly reinstalling all 50 gb of Titanfall and Origin. Not sure my ISP would like that though.

Message 3 of 30 (26,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Try Shift-F1 if you haven't yet

Message 4 of 30 (26,955 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue. Since the most recent patch/update my Overlay isn't working while in-game at all.

I don't have FRAPS and I don't use any other sort of overlay-type program...

Message 5 of 30 (26,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same issue for me, for the last week i cant make work origin overlay, it say disables on the start screen of titanfall

Message 6 of 30 (26,897 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello guys, maybe i have  a solution for the "orgin overlay diabled" problem in titanfall, on my computer this worked perfectly.

First u have to open the "settings" in origin, and then click on "Advanced".  After that u should deactivate the point "origin-assistent (5th topic)". After that it should hopefully work again. 

PS: I am from Germany so the englisch words might be not translated perfectly

Message 7 of 30 (26,833 Views)

★★ Novice

I tryed unchecking Origin Helper, restarted Origin, started Titanfall and its still disabled. what looks like is actually disabled is Origin "Store" with in Titanfall. I have tryed disabling "Origin in Game", restart Origin client play a game, then Enabling "Origin In Game". to see if that would work..no joy. The thing about "Origin In Game" is I have friends I'd like play Co-Op with and having Origin In Game disabled makes it hard to do so. also other threads I have read says Origin In Game causes the game to lag. so EA or Origin really needs to address thier client.

Message 8 of 30 (26,699 Views)

★★ Novice

oh, and I have nothing else running like FRAPs, STEAM, Or Team Speak. (all of which I have read may be causeing the problem.)

Message 9 of 30 (26,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Shift + f1 fixed it for me...I had the same problemStandard smile

Message 10 of 30 (26,585 Views)