Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time"

by leenipaps

Original Post

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&amp

★★★ Newbie

I have sat at my computer screen watching youtube videos on how to fix it, reading so much blogs. I am so stumped at this point i want to play sims so bad. Origin really needs to fix this I have sent multiple complaints about my problem.

Message 51 of 94 (5,350 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

★★★ Newbie
I wish I hadn’t bought this stupid game it cost like 40 dollars,
40 dollars I’ll never get back why do I need to have a stupid account!!! Just let me download it and click a button that says, play now!
they could have made it as simple as that I’m trying all these “solution” and guess was ITS NOT WORKING
I frigdeing hate this
Message 52 of 94 (4,704 Views)

Community Manager

@doggyLover0 Hi, can you post the steps you've taken? They should help with finding the way forward on this. 

If you haven't done so already, you cna try shutting down Origin then restart it by right-clicking the icon in Windows and choosing Run as administrator, then try to go online again. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 53 of 94 (4,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

KGRZESK THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! i have been trying for days to run the sims, and i've uninstalled and reinstalled origin countless times

Message 54 of 94 (4,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This helped me, thank you very very very much. By opening the Origin in its folder as administrator, it started an update for the latest version that was willing to run. I saw that the Orgigin folder was extended by 30 other files so I think it downloaded every possible bit to make it working and compatible. Thank you again, hope that helps others too. 

Message 55 of 94 (4,369 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&

★★★ Newbie
dude that work!
Thx for the solution
Message 56 of 94 (3,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem it’s really annoying and I’m on windows 8.1 and all I want to do is play sim city

Message 57 of 94 (2,465 Views)

You must be online when logging in for the first time.

★★ Novice

I have tried all troubleshooting steps. INCLUDING the registry and the hard way of deleting origin. I reinstalled origin and I still cannot log into the client. This happened after your latest update. I really don't understand why EA can't fix this issue. 

Message 58 of 94 (1,964 Views)

Re: Origin Fix - "You must be online when logging in for the first time&quo

★★★ Novice

Ive been having this same problem, ive tried everything thats been suggested, clearing cache, disabling firewall for origin, whitelisting it on my antivirus software. heck I even tried uninstalling and now I cant even log on in offline mode so itd be great if they would fix this so I can play the games I payed money for :/ 

Message 59 of 94 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue.  Cleared cache, deleted origin cache files, uninstalled and reinstalled origin client.  Nothing worked.

Message 60 of 94 (2,230 Views)