Re: My internet connection drops when trying to connect. Have to restart router.

by Masinj

Original Post

My internet connection drops when trying to connect. Have to restart router.

★ Novice
Well the title says it all. I open up Titanfall and when I press "Play" it takes about 60 seconds before the internet connection drops. Not just for my computer, but for everyone connectet on the local network. I need to restart the router to connect again. I tried to repair the game in Origin and it worked a couple of times, but now, nothing.
Message 1 of 7 (258 Views)

Re: My internet connection drops when trying to connect. Have to restart router.

Community Manager (retired)

@Masinj could you please do us a favor and perform a so called "UO" trace? You can just drop the data from the UO trace in a private message to me in Answer HQ. The UP trace will give us some insight about your connection, it would be amazing if you also could tell us some details about your connection speed, routermodem and type of connection:

Download UOTrace:

You will need to download the UOTrace program if you do not already have it. This is only available for Windows PCs.

How to UOTrace:

1. Run the UOTrace program. (If a pop-up box appears telling you "UO Server List not found," click No.)
  2. Click the Options menu at the top of the window and select Advanced.
  3. In the window where the server is listed, type in "easo.ea.com," which works for most EA titles.
  4. Click the Traceroute button.
  5. After the traceroute has completed, click the Poll button.
  6. Let the program send about 100 packets then click Stop Poll. (The Poll button turns into the Stop Poll button)

If you need to send your UOTrace results to an advisor:

1. Click Edit and select Copy.
  2. Open Notepad from Start menu in All Programs > Accessories.
  3. Paste the UOTrace results into Notepad and save the file as something recognizable, like UOTrace1.txt.
  4. Repeat this process so that you have two separate files for us to compare and review.

Follow the steps in this article to send the files to an advisor.

Please keep us updated.
Basti

Message 2 of 7 (251 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Masinj thanks for your private message. It seems like that your outcoming signal is immediately blocked aka you get 100% package loss when Titanfall tries to connect. You need to run Origin in online mode but if Battlefield is working fine, it might be that Origin or Titanfall is blocked by your router. 

At first, download and install the latest version of Origin at www.origin.com/download (and make sure you have your Origin account ready as well)
Close the origin client and go directly to you origin folder  C:\Program Files\Origin Games. Run the origin.exe in this folder with a rightclick -> run as administrator. Please deactivate your firewall/antivirus software .

If you’re having difficulties connecting to online play or to other players in Titanfall likely need to open, or forward, their online ports. Find the ports for your platform below, and then you can open your ports.

All Players

• TCP/HTTP: 443; 25000-25099; 30000 – 30099
  • UDP: 8125; 25000-25099; 30000 – 30099

Cheers

Basti

Message 3 of 7 (240 Views)

★ Novice

Well, I did open the ports prior to the UO trace test I sent you the results of.

I also have the latest version of Origin. When I downloaded the exe-file on your link it actually said that an updated version was found on the computer, and that the downloaded version was an older one.

I might have been inaccurate about the message when starting Origin. It does not say offline mode, it actually says "Windows compatibility mode" and "Deactivate compatibility mode if you experience problems" (translated from Norwegian). I've tried running Origin as administrator, changing to compatibility modes and changing back, with restarting my PC inbetween. No result.

And... do you want me to deactivate my antivirus software every time I'm playing Titanfall?

Message 4 of 7 (231 Views)

★ Novice

This isn't really solved....

Message 5 of 7 (214 Views)

★ Novice

Can I get help for this issue. It was never solved.........

Suggesting a solution is not the same as solving the problem.

Message 6 of 7 (204 Views)

★ Novice

I still have this problem...

Message 7 of 7 (184 Views)