Main menu: Play > private lobby > game freezes

by Dmetal

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Main menu: Play > private lobby > game freezes

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, first of all english is not my first lenguage, so excuse me if i mispell something

I bought titanfall today, but i can't get it to work.  I launch the game, click on play and after the loading screen it gets to the private lobby menu, but inmediately after that, the game freezes, and moments later it shows the message "titanfall.exe has stopped working" so it's impossible to continue.

i tried several solutions such messing around with antialiasing and vsync. repair option on origin, updating drivers etc etc.. but nothing works..

here's the dxdiag

http://pastebin.com/VfnFEiwK

please, i need to know if there's a way i can fix this, or if i have to wait for a patch or anything. thanks

Message 1 of 76 (2,700 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Main menu: Play > private lobby > game freezes

★★★★★ Novice

well, looks like with the new patch everything works fine for the moment.

thanks to everyone who tried to help ( '-')b see you around

View in thread

Message 73 of 76 (956 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Please provide more detail on what you have currently enabled in your Geforce Control Panel for AA; those old model Geforces handle it differently somehow.  I believe you must allow the game to handle that, not the GPU or its driver, although the fact is, right now I am not using a Geforce for games.  I had way too much trouble withe them, although in this 'Net surfing box, I have an even older one, a 9800 GT. 

P. S.  Your English is excellent, and I think you are probably correct to visit with us in here.  It is still early days in the Answer HQ forums for Spanish speakers, and local expert players will be few and far between starting out. 

Message 2 of 76 (2,648 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

thanks, my antialiasing settings in the nvidia control pannel currently are (i'll try to translate since they're in spanish)

Antialiasing - configuration             >        controlled by the application

Antialiasing - FXAA                           >         enabled

Antialiasing - Mode                          >         controlled by the application

Antialiasing - gamma correction   >         enabled

Antialiasing - Transparency           >         disabled

the Vsync option is set to "use the configuration of the 3D application"

Message 3 of 76 (2,644 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

reinstalling would be an incredible pain, but could it solve this issue?

Message 4 of 76 (2,620 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This same issue is happening with me. I just purchased and installed the game today. I will have to dig around a bit and see what my Nvidia settings are set to though. This is on an older laptop with a GTS 360M and a 1st generation i7 processor.

Message 5 of 76 (2,559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

After checking my settings - my FXAA is set to off, but all of my others are the same as listed above. All of mine are set to "Use global setting" and then they either list Application controlled or on/off etc. I did find a new graphics driver that I am going to install and test. Did the reinstallation work?

Message 6 of 76 (2,556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

sadly, it didn't work =/ 

Message 7 of 76 (2,553 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Upgrading the graphics drivers didn't work either.

Message 8 of 76 (2,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep, same issues for me. All video drivers are current, AA settings are proper, tried game repair, and I just bought the game and installed today. Everytime I hit the private lobby, game crashes. Is this a problem that's going to be fixed by a patch, or did I just waste 60 dollars?

Message 9 of 76 (2,499 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem, bought titanfall today and I cant get past Private Lobby screen because of the freezes

Message 10 of 76 (2,492 Views)