Lost Connection To Server/ Connection To Server Timed Out

by xkc2142x

Original Post

Lost Connection To Server/ Connection To Server Timed Out

★★ Apprentice

Alright first of all I would like to say this game is just jaw dropping. Now that being said it itterates me that it is extremely rare for me to get into ANY game. Sometimes when I start up Titanfall I can get pass to the "Private lobby" area where you modify your loadouts and choose what gamemode you would like to play. Now the main issue after I choose what mode I want to play, instantly a connecting icon pops up and after the screen goes back to the main menu were it says, "Lost Connection To Server/ Connection To Server Timed Out". After if I retry hitting play, I am plagued with the endless waiting to connect to server or initalization. This is bugging me because on Twitter they said they fixed the PC connectivity issues......

Message 1 of 45 (29,392 Views)

Re: Lost Connection To Server/ Connection To Server Timed Out

★★★★ Novice

I had this exact issue as well and the only fix for it so far has been going to the graphics settings and selecting default settings (you can change resolution though) for whatever reason this fixes the connection issue. 

Message 2 of 45 (29,073 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah ive heard of this solution but it only fixs the issue when you cant get into a game due to the loading screen freezing or you get into a gme but then soon get disconected after choosing a loadout I think. I have been able to play a total of 3 games since launch but each time it took me about a hour or two of constantlly relaunching the game.......Thanks for the advice though Standard smile yeah my issue is just simply not being able to join a game due to Lost Connection To Server...........

Message 3 of 45 (28,954 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So a little update, I was able to get into one game, training though. (because my account glitched and thought I had to replay the training mission again). After I finished in i got sent back to the lobby and had to restart the game 6 times to try connecting into 1 more game (campaign) and played from start to finish. I played perfectlly without having any connection issues inbetween rounds and my ping was lower then 50 the entire time. Ive tried about 8 more times to see if the method works but still cant get into another game. This issue cant be from my side because of my connection, it has to be on EA's or whom evers company is taken care of  the servers.......It cant be the users connections........Hopfully this helps further understand the issue.

Message 4 of 45 (28,823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Godamn, This Is Driving Me Nuts!

I Literally Just Got The Game Today! Confusedmileymad: Confusedmileymad: Confusedmileymad:

Message 5 of 45 (27,266 Views)

★★ Novice
Hey! I had the exact same issue, but i tried connecting from a different wireless network and the game worked flawlessly. Weird thing is that it worked only if i had disabled the ethernet connection of my own network. Again i tried connecting wirelessly from my own network, with disabled ethernet, but still it didnt work. Maybe its a matter of speed because with my own network i have with ethernet 40mbps, wirelessly 20mbps and with my friends network wirelessly 40mbps. I hope i wasnt too confusing and this helps solve the issue.. Good luck to us all!
Message 6 of 45 (27,237 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the info Standard smile, but unforutaly my network is wired and my desktop/pc cant do wireless. See one of the wierd issues im having besides what I stated above is that im able to get into a game at least once a day by shear will power and exiting and restarting Titanfall until I get in a game. When im ingame I have no issues what so ever; ping of 20-30, no graphical errors,im not getting kicked out of any lobbys (execpt campaign games but thats because I play from start till when they kick all the players out).

Honestly despite how frustrating these connections are, EA/Respawn will get this patched ASAP. They would of not made the: "connection issues thread" if they didnt care for the community. Guys just hold on for a bit longer, this game is soooo worth the wait! Its Respawn's first game published afterall and there testing the waters with this new azura servers system stuff. In the mean time id recomend go playing perhaps some mirrors edge to get those parkour skills in perfect tune or even Hawken to slightly better your odds as a lumbering titan!

Message 7 of 45 (27,138 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had Titanfall for about 2 weeks now and havent been able to play one game at all, everytime i start a game i ge past the lobby and a cutscene starts but about 2 seconds after the cutscene begins i get constant "retrying connection" messages until it finally quits and tells me "lost connection to server", in this day and age i find unnacceptable that ive had a game for 2 weeks and havent been able to play it at all, i regret buying the game, and since i bought the game for the pc i cant even trade it in at gamestop for at least store credit so i can buy something else, this was a waste of my $60...get bent EA and Respawn

Message 8 of 45 (26,528 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Damn the freaking sucks Frown. What you can try (but is very tedious) is just quiting the game after you get the lost connection message and reloading it and hitting the play button again.

1. Start Game

2. Hit Play

3. Once you luck out and get into a private lobby choose a gamemode

4. If you dont connect into a game and instead get a "Lost Connection To Server/ Connection To Server Timed Out" message quit and restart the steps

Its extremly tedious I KNOW and the odds of you getting into a game is 1:49........Its what ive been doing and its mainly a test of luck :/

All is not loss though because the Respawn members are aware of this issue and are trying to push a workaround this week or maybe a patch (found off one of there twitters) I really hope you can get into a game soon though. Once the games finally connection bugged free add me: xKC2142x cause you can never have enough bro-pilots

Message 9 of 45 (26,412 Views)

★ Novice

For me in loading screen it starts to lag and freeze, when it finally enters game, i choose pilot and titan then: "retrying connecting to server" or similar, then it throws me back to main menu and says "lost connection to server".

I have fixed this problem with using default graphics settings as somebody mentioned earlier. Only resolution can be changed to max, touch anything else and it will lose connection for me. So I have been able to play the game, but with low settings only.

Specs if they matter anything: Radeon 5870 1GB (factory clocked MSI version), AMD 3,4Ghz quadcore, 8gb DDR3 1800mhz

Message 10 of 45 (26,027 Views)