Re: I need to download games to secondary drive

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I need to download games to secondary drive

★★ Novice

I want to install downloaded games to my secondary Drive D. I have followed the advice of changing download locations in Applications Settings -- Advanced.

However, Origin keeps giving the the error message "The game installation directory is invalid. Please select a different directory." How do I fix this?

Please note: This is for ALL games, not just Titanfall.

Message 1 of 5 (555 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Have you already tried to re-install Origin and could you please tell us some details about your second driven (type, free space and if it is NTFS or FAT32 formatted).

Cheers
Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (600 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Have you already tried to re-install Origin and could you please tell us some details about your second driven (type, free space and if it is NTFS or FAT32 formatted).

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 5 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! Simply uninstalling and re-downloading Origin fixed the problem as you suggested. I should have thought of it myself (Confusedmileyhappy: ). However, a big thank you for your solution!

Message 3 of 5 (531 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine is ntfs and it wont work for me no matter how many times i try

Message 4 of 5 (448 Views)

Community Manager

@CaptainDragonzx Hi, do you get the error message in the original post? Can you move other games? Perhaps if you post your dxdiag that might help us figure out what's going on here. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 5 (435 Views)