Re: Game startup failed because Gamer OSD created interference

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Re: Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

Having the same issue with having to re-install latest ATI drivers everytime you do a cold boot. 

Found an old thread: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/476535/legacy/need-to-reinstall-graphics-drivers-every-rebo...

Essentially, if you're using an ASUS card you might have ASUS gamer OSD installed.  Deleting it apparently stops this from happening. 

Will try it myself and hope this helps.  I don't think our problem is an in-game bug and we're gonna have to address it ourselves.

Cheers

Message 31 of 36 (1,479 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Asus Gamer OSD as well as Asus Game Doctor have both been indicted for numerous interference symptoms with Bethesda's Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. 

Message 32 of 36 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yup, problem fixed. 

Delete Asus Gamer OSD, re-install ATI drivers, reboot.  Solved.

Hope this fixes it for some.

Message 33 of 36 (1,462 Views)

Re: Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features

★★★ Newbie
Message 34 of 36 (981 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Could you explain to me, step by step, with pictures if possible, how to uninstall ASUS GamerOSD and then install the upgraded version for Windows 10?

Message 35 of 36 (333 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

TTBOMK, there is no known version of Asus' OSD that doesn't cause EA's games to have fits. 

Message 36 of 36 (330 Views)