Re: Game Locks Up Entire Computer

by socnoggin

Original Post

Game Locks Up Entire Computer

★★ Novice

when the game loads a map, it will lock everything up.  I play music while playing and the music will stop playing for 2 minutes and then finally load the map in.  during that time, I cant alt tab, ctrl alt delete, move the mouse, anything, until that loading is done.  its long enough for the game to be on the 2nd round of last titan standing at times.  this is a new issue as it didnt do that while I was playing last year.  I contacted customer support and they told me to update all my drivers and do a cleanboot and neither thing fixed the issue.  after 1h40m on the phone he gave up and said to post here.  customer support looked at hardware and said everything is above spec for optimal running

Message 1 of 4 (272 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could you please provide us the details of your hardware, even if your PC should be totally fine running the game. 

Could you please try the following steps:

- Repair your game install via Origin. To to so, go to your "My Games" library, rightclick on Titanfall and choose "Repair Install"

- Please update your videocard driver to the latest version  

- Install the latest version of Microsoft .NET framework and update your Direct X

- Disable all video enhancing features in your ATI catalyst driver software

Please keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 4 (268 Views)

★★ Novice

those things were done when I finally got in touch with support and it didnt help.  I have the following:

win 7

intel i5 3.1 ghz quad

8gb ram

amd radion 7800 2gb

Message 3 of 4 (252 Views)

★★ Novice

no help?  ok thanks...

Message 4 of 4 (219 Views)