Re: Frontier's Edge isn't downloading

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frontier's Edge isn't downloading

★★★ Newbie

Hi, it's 2016 and I decided to play some Titanfall. I noticed that the season pass is free and in order to play anything else than Campaign i need the maps. The only problem is, that when I activate Frontier's Edge it only says "Preparing", but it doesn't in fact do anything. Please help!

Message 1 of 7 (632 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @sssskittlessss

First, can you try to flush DNS? Here is the article on how to do it https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows

And if this won`t fix the issue, you might try to reinstall Origin client.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (646 Views)

All Replies

Hello @BloodyEdward

You can`t download DLC? What Windows are you using? Your Origin client is updated? Are you installing DLC from the game or from Origin client?  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 7 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, just stuck at "preparing" on Origin (not via the game itself). Only difference is mine is stuck on the IMC Rising pack. Already have the first 2 (and season pass of course).

EDIT: I just did a repair on Titanfall in Origin and somehow I was missing about 1.7gb of data on the game, and 1.5gb of data on the Expedition pack?? I'll update when the repair is finished.

After finishing the repair and checking for updates to Origin, I restarted my PC (Windows 7 SP1) and tried again - no luck. Just sitting at "preparing".

Message 3 of 7 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

Here's something interesting: in my games library, it says IMC Rising is ready for download. In Browse Games->Titanfall->Expansion packs it shows Titanfall IMC Rising as "owned". But when I click on it to "learn more" it tells me I must have Titanfall Deluxe Edition to use this expansion pack.  Then again, so does Frontier's Edge and Expedition; not sure if it's related.

Message 4 of 7 (572 Views)

Hello @sssskittlessss

First, can you try to flush DNS? Here is the article on how to do it https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-flush-dns-cache-for-windows

And if this won`t fix the issue, you might try to reinstall Origin client.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 5 of 7 (647 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Archi

The DNS refresh failed to make any difference.

However, uninstalling the Origin client and getting a fresh download of the installer from EA's website did resolve the download issue. I'm 20% through the IMC Rising download.

Thank you for the assist Archi!

Message 6 of 7 (561 Views)

@sssskittlessss

Glad I was able to help. Ask, if you need anything else.

Have fun playing Titanfall!

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 7 (551 Views)