Re: Failed to get token from Origin

by mechdaddy69

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

This sounds like the cable company asking you to powercycle your modem. We can generally get around it and get back in game, but what is causing it? Is there any update on a long term fix?

Message 41 of 130 (3,603 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Argh!

I've tried all the solutions as well and still getting the error in Win 8.1.

Tried the NetBIOS fix

Flushed the DNS Cache

Disabled AV

Made sure the port forwarding is set up correctly

Tried different servers

Sacrificed a chicken

Made an offering to Jobu to take fear from bats

Still cannot consistently connect. Never had this problem with the Beta

Message 42 of 130 (3,589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So frustrated.  Tried everything except making Jobu an offering to take fear from bats.  Thanks for the tip skynetsysadmin67.  Will try that and let you know if it worked.

Edit:  Offered cigars and rum and still no luck.

Message 43 of 130 (3,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ok I think I found a fix for this (atleast for me) just follow the steps below

Windows 7

1. Click on the 'Start' button on your Windows Taskbar.
  2. Click on 'Control Panel'
  3. In the search box type 'firewall'
  4. Click on the 'Windows Firewall' option that appears
  5. In the left pane click 'Advanced Settings'
  6. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password for confirmation. If not, please skip to the next step.
  7. In the left pane of the 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' dialog box click 'Inbound Rules'
  8. In the inbound rules scroll down and make sure both titanfall rules are "ENABLED"

One of mine was disabled for some reason. Please post and let me know if this fixes your issues.

Message 44 of 130 (3,526 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

@xWraith wrote:

Ok I think I found a fix for this (atleast for me) just follow the steps below

Windows 7

1. Click on the 'Start' button on your Windows Taskbar.
  2. Click on 'Control Panel'
  3. In the search box type 'firewall'
  4. Click on the 'Windows Firewall' option that appears
  5. In the left pane click 'Advanced Settings'
  6. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password for confirmation. If not, please skip to the next step.
  7. In the left pane of the 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' dialog box click 'Inbound Rules'
  8. In the inbound rules scroll down and make sure both titanfall rules are "ENABLED"

One of mine was disabled for some reason. Please post and let me know if this fixes your issues.

You might be on to something. I have Win 8.1 so the process was a little different. The inbound rules on the windows firewall were set properly, but I did not have an outbound rule at all. I manually set up an outbound rule for TF and was able to connect to the closest server on the first try. Usually it takes several tries killing and restarting TF. Switched to another server and connected again on the first try. Switched back to the closest server and it connected again on the first try. This is promising!

We'll see if it lasts long term, but short term this has certainly helped. Thanks xwraith

Message 45 of 130 (3,519 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm glad I could help.

Message 46 of 130 (3,516 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine were both already enabled, but the origin files were not.  I'll give it another shot and let you know.

Message 47 of 130 (3,514 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi, if you have a problem "lost connection to server : failed to get a token from origin" try to create a new user's account for windows on administrator and play with that. It s a good solution for me, and now i ve got 2 user's account on admnistrator mode

Message 48 of 130 (3,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'VE TRIED ALL THE "SOLUTIONS ON THIS THREAD AND NONE OF THEM HAVE WORKED FOR ME, WHAT DO I DO KNOW!!???

WIN7-64BIT

AMD8320(OC'D TO 4GHz)

MSI 970 MOBO

16gb KINGSTON BLU 1666MHz

SAMSUNG EVO SSD 240GB

XFX HD9750 3GB

ANYONE WITH A SIMILAR SPEC HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM?

Message 49 of 130 (3,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

The game has started repeatedly giving me the error - black screen, error, black screen, error, never even gets to the menu. Tried everything in the thread.

Message 50 of 130 (3,381 Views)