Re: Extremely Long Map Loading Times

by costapablo

Original Post

Extremely Long Map Loading Times

★★★ Newbie

Hello.

I was able to play Titanfall for several months until a few weeks ago. Whenever I try to load a game whether it is an online match or the campaign, the map will seem like it is loading but after about 5 or 6 minutes, the progress wheel in the corner will stop spinning. I've noticed that the HDD activity light is staying on continuously when this happens. The busy cursor will spin and then the mouse will completely freeze for a while. When the map finally loads and I select my loadout, the connection to the server is immediately lost and I'm brought back to the main menu. While the map is loading, I'm guessing that when the game ends (even though I'm not in it) I'm taken to the match lobby and the whole thing starts again. I have already tried reinstalling the game and running the program without any background process running including my antivirus. Still no luck. This is all really frustrating and I would like to enjoy titanfall again. If you have any similar experiences or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

My system:
Corsair CX500
Asus P8Z-68 V Pro
Intel core i5 3570K (Not overclocked)
4GB Kingston Hyperx Fury DDR3 1600MHz
MSI Radeon R9 270
Sandisk 32GB SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD

Message 1 of 3 (174 Views)

Community Manager

Do you have the Origin game client and the game installed on the same drive?

If not, try reinstalling the game onto your Origin drive, might be a tight squeeze with a 32GB SSD.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (144 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi.
I have the same problem!
My PC has only 1 drive, so it's all installed there. Do you think that the fact that I play without a cd is a factor here?

Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)