Error Code 401: BYTEVAULT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED

by B1GBANGALORE

Original Post

Error Code 401: BYTEVAULT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED

★★ Novice

Just reinstalled Titanfall after not playing it since November 2014. Apparently some people think this is because there is a ban on my account, which shouldn't be the case unless EA screwed something up. My account got hacked in January 2015 and the user tried to buy FIFA '15, I took the account back and had the purchase refunded.

When I launch Titanfall, sometimes I'll get the "Failed to get token from Origin." Then, whether I get that error or not it dumps me on the main menu and when I try to hit "play game" I get the code 401: BYTEVAULT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED

I've tried:

-Relogging and rebooting

-Deleting the cache in %appdata%\Roaming, \local, and in c:\programdata

-Verifying my game install

-Reinstalling both the beta and non-beta versions of Origin

-Enabling NetBIOS on my NIC

-Changing my DNS servers to Google's

I've never cheated in any Origin game, so if I am banned it is entirely faulty. At this point, my best guess is that the issue is on EA's end. Very disappointing to see that I can't play a game I spent money on because I didn't play anything for nearly two years and someone got access to my account briefly. Even more disappointing to see a handful of threads with suggestions that don't work and more people who have the same issue apparently unresolved. 

Message 1 of 2 (238 Views)

Re: Error Code 401: BYTEVAULT_AUTHENTICATION_REQUIRED

★★ Novice

Attaching my MSInfo .txt file "titanfallplz.txt"

Message 2 of 2 (223 Views)