Crashes mid-game PC

by HeavyLink130

Original Post

Crashes mid-game PC

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the 48-hour trial today and I'm really enjoying the game from what I've played of it and considered buying it. The problem is, is that I'm experiencing a crash after maybe 4-5 minutes of playing a match "Titanfall.exe has stopped working" and I've done a few fixes but none seem to work. Here is what I've tried so far:
-Set Nvidia to single display performance mode
-Installed beta texture pack

Specs:
Windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad q9550 @2.83 GHz
8.00 GB DDR2 RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 460

The game runs at around 35-50 FPS on High-Mid settings which is perfectly fine and I enjoy playing it, except the fact that I'm unable to play a complete match Confusedmileytongue:

I've checked a few forums for this problem and nothing seems to help, so I thought I would post my own and see if it's anything specific with my system. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (151 Views)

Re: Crashes mid-game PC

Community Manager (retired)

There is no clear troubleshooting step for crashing issues but we got several responses from our community that some of following steps worked to solve the issue:

• Update your videocard driver to the latest version. If you are running a Beta driver, reverse to a release built of your driver.
  • Update Direct X and Microsoft .NET Framework
  • Disable your antivirus/firewall software or add Origin as well as Titanfall to the exception list.
  • Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86 versions of 2010 and 2012 uninstall. Reinstall with Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 

Cheers                                                                                   
Basti

Message 2 of 2 (136 Views)