Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

by ProopyDoodle

Original Post

Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving matchmaking list" loop.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

First off, my apologies if this belongs in another section or there is another like it.

My problem, is that usually on the first screen I get the error message saying "Failed to get token from Origin." Sometimes, when I am allowed to get said token I get stuck when I press 'Play.' Saying I should check my internet connections. Other times, I get disconnected from the match. I've contacted support, and ran me through the steps of opening the ports.

It worked for a little, but I tried again today and the same thing is happening. I'm not sure if you guys need my computer specs, or internet provider. However I'm happy to provide whatver information so I could attempt to try and enjoy this game for once.

Message 1 of 59 (27,386 Views)

Re: Connection issue; "Failed to get token from Origin." & Infinite "Retrieving m

★★★ Newbie

This "Failed to get token from Origin." happened for me as well. I restarted Origin and it connected Titanfall to another data center, which fixed the issue one time of the many. I have 100mbps download/5mbps upload speed, so internet connectivity should have nothing to do with it IMO. The issue just happened to me at the end of a match, which I had won, and proceeded to kick me out and not award any XP. Please fix this issue. I will be checked back periodically for any answers. Thank you

Message 2 of 59 (27,211 Views)

★★★ Novice

The same exact thing happens to me. I tried different data servers, most of which gave me higher ping aside from the East, and nothing. My internet isn't as high or near that high but I can play any other game perfectly fine online. So, exactly as you said; internet should have nothing to do with it. It started on many matches on my end, many of which I never got xp for.  Sometimes even the middle. I'm guessing it has to be on the servers side or Origin itself. I have no idea. However, I'd love to play it. 'Cause again, what I did play, I enjoyed very much.

Message 3 of 59 (27,208 Views)

EA Staff

Hello all,

Could you please try the following:

Delete Origin Temp folder in AppdData\Local and AppdData\Local\Temp (use the following shortcuts to access it: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\ and C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\)

Then clear Origin cache:

1. Click on "Origin" at the top left of Origin and select Application Settings.
2. Then select "Advanced".
3. Then click on Delete All Game Installers.

Message 4 of 59 (27,173 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will give that a shot; in the middle of trying to re-install the game. If that fixes it, I will let you all know.

Message 5 of 59 (27,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It has not seemed to work. Still getting the 'Failed to get token' message. This was after a clean install, and deleting the Temp folder, as well as cleaning the cache.

Message 6 of 59 (27,124 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here. Done everything above, mailed support 2 times already with no luck. The strangest thing is that this problem occurs only when I use my main internet connection, when I use VPN connection it doesn't occur and I'm able to join a lobby. Another odd thing is that this problem wasn't from the very start, it came to life only on the second day of play. 

Message 7 of 59 (27,094 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem here, please help us !

Message 8 of 59 (27,068 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, but was the temp folder created after I installed Titanfall, or has it been there for a while and may posses important information of mine? Just want to be safe before I delete it.

Message 9 of 59 (27,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

Slotkun; The same here. It was fine the first day. From then on, it seemed to develope. I haven't tried a VPN internet, but I'd rather just get it working in general.

Horsemann12; Pretty much deleting the temp folder is safe in general, I do believe. Don't take my word for it though. I did it, and hasn't affected anything.

On another note; it's still giving me the error. I'd really like to know if it's one the end of people, or EA, or Respawn. It's getting rather annoying.

Message 10 of 59 (26,964 Views)