Connection and ping have always been bad for all U.S. Data Centers.

by arwiggs1984

Original Post

Connection and ping have always been bad for all U.S. Data Centers.

★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this should be under a previously discussed topic. I have always had a poor connection to this game, which is a shame because I love Titanfall. I live in South Dakota and my speedtest.net stats on a wireless connection on my laptop are: ping 10 ms, download 61 Mbps, upload 6 Mbps. I'm not saying it couldn't be my ISP (Midcontinent), but it doesn't seem to be internet speed. The data center that I usually default to is North Central because it usually has a slightly better ping (less than 10 ms better). My usual ping is around 90.

Just curious if anyone knows what the problem is because I would like to get back to playing it.

Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: Connection and ping have always been bad for all U.S. Data Centers.

Community Manager (retired)

Usually a ping about 60ms is a good ping for gaming while 90ms is not really bad. Wireless connections can be a bit tricky though, have you tried it with a cabled connection and could you tell us the model of your router modem?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (148 Views)

Re: Connection and ping have always been bad for all U.S. Data Centers.

★★★ Newbie

My Xbox One is on a wired connection. I apologize for my wording as I wasn't clear enough. I just find it weird that none of the U.S. Data Centers really have better ping for me compared to the others. Since I am in South Dakota I would presume the North Central would be best, but lately the West Data Center has been marginally better. There was a one week period or so several months ago where I was getting around 30 ms which was silky smooth, but those days are long gone.

Cisco DPC3825 is my router model. Additionally I have set up DMZ for my Xbox One.

It is absolutely still playable, but if anyone has any tips on ways that i can improve this it would make the game even better.

Message 3 of 3 (133 Views)