Re: Cannot install Titanfall from disc

by scham3

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

i bought the physical copy too and i redeemed the code will it go faster if i use the cd???

Message 11 of 25 (2,086 Views)

★ Novice

I have just bought the game and am about to install, do I need origin installeb before hand?

Message 12 of 25 (2,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YOU SIR ARE A SAINT!!!! Some people (LIKE ME) have really slow internet and a cap on top of that, so we CANNOT download 50 GB. but yet, other people (ORIGIN, EA, RESPAWN) are idiots and dont understand this. So i just want to make it clear to them...DONT GIVE US A FREAKING GAME THATS 50 GB YOU STUPID IDIOTS! NEXT TIME YOU DO IM NEVER BUYING THE GAME! NO MATTER WHAT! and i know alot of others who feel the exact same way.

Message 13 of 25 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK.. they didn't spell this out but let me explain how this works...  If you choose "Download" from Origin it does, indeed, still install from the disc. What is being downloaded is the updates. It updates while installing from the disc (watch that flashing green light on your DVD ROM. Scroll down in origin & hover over the small blue progress bar. I doubt that I am downloading at 2gig a minute on my 1mb connection.. I'm two minutes in with twenty-seven minutes remaining. This will be much faster than extracting, installing then updating. Just give it a look and see if it's the same for you. I could just be super lucky.....Confusedmileylol:

Message 14 of 25 (1,978 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks buddy. It really worked.
Message 15 of 25 (1,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie
What about in xbox 360
Message 16 of 25 (1,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, just to say that I also purchased the original dvds, played for a week or so, had to do a fresh windows install on my laptop and then it was impossible to reinstall the game again because the origin client won't accept the serial given with the dvds.

I know this a different issue but I feel so frustrated with this game and no solutions neither from EA nor Origin that, well... I can't get those 30 gigas of uncompressed sound back to work.  :mansad:

Message 17 of 25 (1,867 Views)

★ Novice

@siranix wrote:

In order to install the game without download directly from the disk, a user found a way to deal with.

Insert your disc 3 and open in. Extract the .rar and double clic on Titanfall.exe (the launcher)

A message system will ask cd1 and begin the install... It's kinda long but not as long as dl 50go !!

Let's try it Standard smile

THX man you saved my life

Message 18 of 25 (1,745 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That worked for me you have to be in offline mode to install it from the disk otherwise it attempts to download it.

Message 19 of 25 (1,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

CANNOT INSTALL TITAN FALL FROM DISK

I have more than the required amount of ram/disk space/graphics card all that.

Running windows 8.1

Bought the Disks at Walmart

And I have been attempting to install for hours. With no luck.

I found no forum, no help center, no call line, not chat room, (and the paper in the case with the "install from disc guide was a joke.) that helped me.

I tried inserting disk 3 and extracting the file to my desktop. I had to manually copy the rar file THEN extract. I still couldn't get it to install. 

So then i tried copying ALL files from ALL disks to my desktop to then extract the file. Only then did the file finally extract. But when I click autorun.exe it takes you back to the origin screen, only to DOWNLOAD the 50GB. Still not solving my problem.

I tried uninstalling origin, and then reinstalling origin with the autorun.exe file. DIDN'T WORK

When the command promt came up to  sign in i checked Remember me. DIDN'T WORK

Tried check auto-updates off DIDN'T WORK

Reformatted my hard drive to NTFS instead of FAT32. and DIDN'T WORK

After spending hours of my life google searching and calling and calling and calling. I still got no where. Literally 6 hours gone. Even if I had let the download continue whilst trying this, maybe it would have reached 5%. 

(Future reference) Have fun if you try to online chat, or call origin. They hung up on me 3 times. And never resolved my issue. All they could do was tell me to clear the Origin Cache. Ok, DIDN'T WORK

Tried messing around, copying the files (that i mentioned i copied and extracted from disk to my desktop) to program files x86 in their own folder, or in the sub folder My games in the Origin file, also located in Program files x86. And then going back into origin and clicking download, hoping it would register that i am trying to INSTALL the disc. DID NOT WORK STILL

The only thing that worked for me turned out to be simple, and i feel pretty silly.

See the step by step below.

1. Put in disk 1

2. hit autorun (the very first auto run if looking at it in windows explorer.) see in photo

3. The origin install pops up and has you install origin, if not already installed. Sign in or register.

4. Then origin updates.

5. Logged into to origin. Now it is time to register. Look at the menu at the top left corner and click the "Origin" Tab. The very first on the list is "Redeem Product Code.." This you will do, and it is found on the paper inside the case with install disks.

6. Next if you click "My games" you should see titanfall listed here now. This is where you decide if you want to download or INSTALL WITH THE DISCS YOU PURCHASED!!

7. If you click on Titan fall here you can download. Mind you, this is 50GB you are going to downloading with an internet connection.

If you are like me and DO NOT have the internet capacity to download this 50 GB then it is time to do a work around!

Go ahead and click download if you are feeling froggy....

But to Continue with disk installation......

8. Seriously... Look at the menu at the top left corner of Origin again. Click "Origin." At the bottom of the pop up menu you will see, log off, exit, and go offline. Click the "Go Offline" button. 

9. Return to the "My games" menu beside the arrows.

10. Click Titan fall. (make sure disk 1 is inserted in your disk drive)

11. Click INSTALL

12. Now it will say COPYING instead of DOWNLOADING in the loading bar. This took 1 hour and 30 minutes for me, and yes i was prompted for both disk 2 and disk 3 during  the rest of installation.

Feeling pretty silly this is all i had to do. But even more upset that none of the representatives, forums, papers in the case, NO WHERE said this. Even in the Help with installation in the EA Games website or Origins Website. Google did not help. Everyone just assumes it is so much better to download. Whilst for many people with manageable internet connection, yes, this is a great thing, and probably is more efficient and a time saver. But like I said Downloading 50GB with my 1 mps(lie) internet speed would take 197 hours to complete. 

If this saves one person time I am happy. Somewhere this should be posted and it is frustrating it is not. Like I said, I tried everything and got no where. The ONLY THING that helped was to go offline in origin. A very simple thing, but it just never occurred to me.

Laugh all you want. I bought the disk, and wanted to play my game. Now I finally can.

Message 20 of 25 (1,689 Views)