Can't Install Titanfall! [PC]

by demonpuke

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can't Install Titanfall! [PC]

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought and downloaded Titanfall but it is still giving me the "Install" button when I click on the Titanfall icon to play it from the EA client. When I try to click on install all it does is Flash a loading bar really quick then goes back to doing nothing at all..Help please.

I tried repairing the game and deleting any existing files Titanfall had in my computer. But when I click install all it does is prompt me for permission to install and tells me all the things I have to install then never does anything. I was able to play the BETA perfectly fine. I turned off my firewall and tried it again, still nothing.

Message 1 of 7 (4,085 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Install Titanfall! [PC]

★★★ Novice

To all those that had my problem. Run your computer in Safemode with Networking after removing all existing files from Titanfall from your computer. Look through every EA folder and Origin folders and through your control panel to make sure there are no files at all. Turn off your Windows firewall and any antivirus programs. Then go to your Origin client and click the Origin tab on the top left then go to Application settings>Advanced then were it says Downloaded games change the location to a folder named "Titanfall" that you have to make yourself in your Programs menu on your C drive (For example mine looked like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Titanfall ) Then download the game. It worked for me after 3 days of not being able to install it. I hope this works for anyone else having this problem.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (4,213 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

so this is the third EA Game in a row that will not run smooooth like a STEAM hosted game.

SimFail, Battlefail4 and now Titanfail ;(

Message 2 of 7 (4,051 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Can you try and reinstall origin? This has worked for some people.

Thanks,

Chris

Message 3 of 7 (4,048 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This makes no sense, but it solves my problem Standard smile

Message 4 of 7 (4,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

To all those that had my problem. Run your computer in Safemode with Networking after removing all existing files from Titanfall from your computer. Look through every EA folder and Origin folders and through your control panel to make sure there are no files at all. Turn off your Windows firewall and any antivirus programs. Then go to your Origin client and click the Origin tab on the top left then go to Application settings>Advanced then were it says Downloaded games change the location to a folder named "Titanfall" that you have to make yourself in your Programs menu on your C drive (For example mine looked like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Titanfall ) Then download the game. It worked for me after 3 days of not being able to install it. I hope this works for anyone else having this problem.

Message 5 of 7 (4,214 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying this now i have the same problem. EA tech support is horrible. If this works im still never buying another game that runs with Origin.

Message 6 of 7 (3,571 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. Second time I'm trying to install (last one involved at least two retries); We do a massive download and then get a installer that simply doesn't work.

GOG can, without any fancy downloaders, make Win95 games run smoothly, while Origin can't make a game this recent work on my (very common) machine...

Message 7 of 7 (3,444 Views)