Black screen on startup Titanfall

by HypnoToad121

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Black screen on startup Titanfall

★★ Novice

Hello,
This happened the first time I tried playing right after the game became available. I was stuck in a black screen and my computer stopped responding. The next time the game worked fine... now today it seems that every time I open the program it does the same thing, forcing a hard reset. I have the most recent Nvidia driver installed (335.23)... I have reinstalled the driver and repaired the installation on Titanfall to no avail. I have also completely removed and reinstalled the game. My system specs are as follows:

Intel I7 2600K+ @ 4.0 GHZ
Nvidia 780GTX 3 Gig
16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600mHZ
Windows 7 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Message 1 of 18 (20,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Black screen on startup Titanfall

★★ Novice

Update:
Although I dislike Experience, it helped with this issue. I saw that Titanfall is now supported, and was able to adjust the graphics options through Experience. I simply went to Windowed mode and it's working fine. I just saw Chimera's thread as I was getting ready to post. It looks like both options achieve the same thing, which is moving away from fullscreen. Hopefully they address this issue, for I haven't seen much mention of it. Either way, atleast the game is accessible now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (21,147 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Update:
Although I dislike Experience, it helped with this issue. I saw that Titanfall is now supported, and was able to adjust the graphics options through Experience. I simply went to Windowed mode and it's working fine. I just saw Chimera's thread as I was getting ready to post. It looks like both options achieve the same thing, which is moving away from fullscreen. Hopefully they address this issue, for I haven't seen much mention of it. Either way, atleast the game is accessible now.

Message 2 of 18 (21,148 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you for the update.  Enjoy the game!

Message 3 of 18 (19,821 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
What is experience i have tried many other things that have been used to solve black screens and start up issues but none have worke for me please help
Message 4 of 18 (19,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It's part of the nVIDIA graphics software -- as I recall, it's on a menu within the nVIDIA Control Panel.

Google is STILL your best friend!  

http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience 

Message 5 of 18 (19,764 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
One other question where can i find nVIDIA is it in cooperation with origin or is it involved with something else because ive looked at all of the issues people have been having with black screens and the game not loading
Message 6 of 18 (19,755 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Download and install it from that page in my previous message.

Message 7 of 18 (19,743 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It will not allow me to install it because it says that my system does not have the right GPU
Message 8 of 18 (19,732 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If you only have an Intel IGP, you shouldn't be asking for support.  Those are well below the minimum, as was clearly shown by the system requirements. 

If you have a Radeon, why were you asking about nVIDIA software? 

Message 9 of 18 (19,726 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Because when i launch titanfall the game does not start up it just displays a black screen and gives me a Error message saying Engine Failure error cannot allocate server IP Ports
Message 10 of 18 (19,714 Views)