Re: Black screen on startup Titanfall

by Nilfiskenn

Original Post

★ Novice

I cant even put it into windowed mode, because when I start it up the screen is just white, doing nothing. I end the process yet it's still there, then when i try to end it again it becomes a super user process having to restart my computer, I've tried installing it on 2 hard drives and neither have fixed the problem, always just a white screen. I spend 35 quid on this yesterday and I haven't played a single second because of the immediate white screen. And yes, I have googled it and it seems noone is having this problem. HELP.

Message 11 of 18 (3,728 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same issue and nothin that is posted here is fixing the problem for me either i tried the windowed mode thing and it went from starting up a black screen to now a white screen both unresponsive with nothing happening then being locked on evert ctrl/alt+del comman end process, it closes window but still shows running in process. pc is more then enough to handle the game gtx770 i7 16gb ram 1tb hdd the game gives me nothing at all and i just purchased it, this same thing also occured when trying to play the beta some time ago, this is happening now after i have paid money for this and its quite frustrating to say the least google does not help there are no answers that fix this for me

Message 12 of 18 (3,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just started having this issue last week. i've had then game installed and been playing it since its release date. Now all of a sudden... nuttin!

Have tried the solutions listed here and nothing has made a difference. I see the Respawn splash screen, then copyright verbiage then black. 

I reinstalled game, rolled back drivers, switched to Windowed mode to no avail.

Was really hoping the new patch would help. 

:mansad:

HELP!!!

Intel Q9300 2.5 Ghz

120GB Samsung SSD

8GB Corsair DDR2 1600

Nvidia 670 2GB

Win7

Message 13 of 18 (3,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, i have a 1920 res when i had my main login account i somehow fixed it by switching tabs, it showed that it was way to small and it was boxed not windowed, when i changed it to full screen it worked just fine, when i switched login the same glitch happened and showed the black screen, but i could not alt+tab out of it and come back to fix it, if i alt+tab'd fast enough when the game was between the starting cinematic and the main menu it would show a small black box that was titanfall PLS HELP!!!! (I hope someone could make a temp solution from this idea, i've been trying to win+tab, but that didn't work either...)

Message 14 of 18 (2,715 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

{NASTINESS Expletive deleted} either me showing black screen i'm having 

AMD A8-6600K APU w/ radeon HD graphics 4.19 GHz

RAM:8GB 

so what should i do?

CONTROL YOUR LANGUAGE!

Message 15 of 18 (2,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I went to my documents/Respawn/Titanfall/local and from the videoconfig file changed config version to "0", orginal was 2.

And then i added Titanfall.exe to EVGA precision osds skip list and now everything works.

Dunno wich one worked but im not touching anything anymore xD

Message 16 of 18 (2,373 Views)

★★ Novice

I have ´been getting the same problem recently, but found the fix.

If anyone is still interested then here it is:

In your invidia controlpanel, find your game in the administrade 3D options -> Program settings. Then put everything off global settings to the NVIDIA (or whatever program you're using if AMD) standard setting.

If you are using SLI you need it to be set to 1 single GPU in Titanfall 2

Hope it works for you =)

Message 17 of 18 (2,060 Views)

Community Manager

@Nilfiskenn Thanks for the contribution. Nvidia control panel changes and disabling SLI can be useful steps for a lot of games. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 18 of 18 (2,047 Views)