Australian Server LAG!!!!

by TGxN00bilicious

Original Post

Re: Austrialian Server LAG!!!!

★★ Novice

I've been connecting to Brazilian servers and Central European servers to finish of my insignia (Got them all now) and have had zero issues on those servers despite a ping of 300+. There's occasional rubber banding, but that's to be expected on those servers.

On the Australian servers it's worse. Every few seconds I'm thrown around and miss walls/windows/titans. In a game focused on movement as well as accuracy, the game is unplayable on the server closest to me.

If the deep sea cable to the North hadn't been cut, I would have left my friends on the East Coast stranded and jumped to the SEA server exclusively long ago. As it is, I still try for a game and a half or so to ttry and play on the AUS servers but it's killing me.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/

Has Azure data centres in two Eastern Australian locations, not sure if you're using these ones as it was mentioned around launch there was 'a workaround' in place for an AUS server location. Any update on that?

For better or worse, I feel when there's change from the norm, transparency is key.

Keep up the great work, Respawn. Hope to hear back from EA.

Message 21 of 35 (457 Views)

Re: Australian Server LAG!!!!

★★★ Newbie

Same issue that everyone else has already explained. Please fix ASAP!

Message 22 of 35 (446 Views)

★★★★ Novice

HAs been bad last few weeks - close yto unplayable lag even with 50-60 ping, rubber banding, frequent crashes and lobbies that stall on 0 countdown and which you keep loading back into

Please fix it

Message 23 of 35 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep. It feels like one of my favourite games of the year is ending or something, a game which makes the movement in a lot of other games feel clunky and sluggish. Now it's hardly playable. It feels like you're getting pushed around by unseen forces.

There's a mention of the launch of the Australian server here: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/03/australia-and-new-zealand-to-get-titanfall-servers/

Not sure if tweeting Vince Zampella would possibly have any effect?

Message 24 of 35 (419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im sure this has happened before and been fixed. well it needs fixing again.....

Message 25 of 35 (412 Views)

★ Novice

Please, please fix this. It's awful.

PS. Interestingly, sometimes you get onto a server where the lag isn't too bad. We were playing tonight on the REALLY laggy server, then when we returned to the lobby we merged into a game in progress on another server, and there was no (or little) lag.

Message 26 of 35 (403 Views)

★★ Novice

To add to the confusion I am sometimes (1 game in 20) able to join a game that's playable for a third of the round then the lag kicks in. Not sure if it's a related issue (perhaps suggesting a memory leak?) or entirely separate but wanted to add any info I could.

Thank you for working on this issue and getting it fixed for us in a timely manner.

Message 27 of 35 (387 Views)

★ Novice

Just like everyone else, I'm experiencing the lag too. I've talked to an EA customer service rep that's passed this problem up the chain, and also been talking to one of the Respawn community managerial staff members on the official Titanfall forums. While it may not be the exact cause, here's what Respawn's said:

Spoiler

Turambar

17 Dec 2014, 17:07

I suspect it has something to do with Microsoft making the switch to the official Australian Azure hub, which is now open for business in Australia (Titanfall in Oz has been running on some sort of temporary server solution that was put in place at launch). That's just a guess on my part though, as the timing lines up - I don't have any official information to relay to you guys, I'm afraid.

Again, not official confirmation, just a staff member's best guess.

Message 28 of 35 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Like everyone else, me too. Posting in hope it'll increase pressure to fix it. Just purchased the season pass.. incredibly annoyed right now.

Message 29 of 35 (342 Views)

★ Novice

Sooooo, anyone able to shed some light on anything?

Message 30 of 35 (327 Views)