August update on Titanfall for Xbox 360 renders game unplayable - black screen of death

by mikeyb1977

Original Post

August update on Titanfall for Xbox 360 renders game unplayable - black screen of death

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Last week there was an upgrade to Titanfall (I'm in the UK with a 18x month old Xbox 360 slim). After the download the game will not play. Simply has black screen and console freezes and becomes unresponsive. I've tried uninstalling the game and my saved files. Then when I insert the game, it re-downloads the data and then freezes yet again. 

I tried other online games (Halo 4 & Dead Island) and they work fine. Its just Titanfall. Please tell me what to do next?

Gamertag: unjustdonkey

Message 1 of 4 (304 Views)

Re: August update on Titanfall for Xbox 360 renders game unplayable - black screen of death

★★★ Newbie

Anyone there at EA? Please can you respond? 

Can I send you the video game to get a refund as after your patch update I can't play it? 

Message 2 of 4 (215 Views)

Re: August update on Titanfall for Xbox 360 renders game unplayable - black screen of death

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm experiencing similar issues; most times it is ok, but then it will lose a good connection and cause the whole console to lock up... At that point I am forced to turn it off completely, because the problem makes the controller unresponsive.
Message 3 of 4 (187 Views)

Re: August update on Titanfall for Xbox 360 renders game unplayable - black scre

★★★ Newbie

Hi. you're doing better than I am then! Can't get game to play at all.

I'm exchanging the game tomorrow. Dunno how EA can release patch releases that render games unplayable. Don't even acknowledge their customers issues. I will never buy an EA game again. 

Message 4 of 4 (169 Views)