Titanfall 2 "Activation required"

by BleechTBH

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Titanfall 2 "Activation required"

★★ Novice

I bought Titanfall 2 on steam the other day, and when I try to launch the game it brings me to Origin where it asks for an activation key. Two of my friends also bought the game, and I even gifted the game to one of them and they were able to launch the game just fine, first try. I even tried refunding the game and buying it from Steam again (since it's on sale for like $10), and that didn't work. I doubt anyone else has had this issue since I couldn't find anything about this anywhere else, but if someone has any tips for what I should do, please, feel free to suggest anything.

The full message it gives me when I try to launch goes something like this -- ACTIVATION REQUIRED - To play Unidentified Game, you must first activate it on your EA account. It gives me the option to either enter a product code or log into a different account.

Message 1 of 7 (2,300 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Titanfall 2 "Activation required"

★★ Novice

Well, this is going to sound really stupid but i'm pretty sure it didnt work for me because I was on Invisible on the Origin client... so uh.. make sure you're not on invisible

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (2,224 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same issue here.

I dont have VPN activated and my firewall is also deactivated.

Message 2 of 7 (2,257 Views)

★★ Novice

I contacted EA support and they told me to go to steam support. Steam doesn't replace CD Keys, which is what EA support told me to ask about. I guess ill just not be able to buy the game. This is so dumb and I really don't know how this even happens.

Message 3 of 7 (2,243 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, this is going to sound really stupid but i'm pretty sure it didnt work for me because I was on Invisible on the Origin client... so uh.. make sure you're not on invisible

Message 4 of 7 (2,225 Views)

★★ Novice

This dont solve my problem.

Think I need to refund it.

Message 5 of 7 (2,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been playing this game since 4 Jul 2020 and even until last night (10-8-2020) and when I logged in to steam to play it, I received the same thing about having to activate it and steam doesnt have the CD Keys and i dont have the original email sent to me.  So are we screwed?

Message 6 of 7 (1,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem. It's solved for me now. I reinstalled origin and refunded and bought it again on steam but didn't do anything in between. I don't know if it's one of those or something entirely different. Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 7 (1,945 Views)