Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features

by jonarinbjorn

Original Post

Re: Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features

★★ Novice

understood, I have searched for drivers newer than the ones i have, and neither ATI or Dell have any. My system has always been able to perform with every other game (including Skyrim on ultra quality). I do not proclaim to be savvy with any of this, just trying to figure out why titanfall won't even open. 

Message 11 of 36 (6,109 Views)

Re: Game startup failed because the video card does not support the required features

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you are relying on Dell, you should not do so, and if AMD is bound by agreements with Dell not to support your card directly, you need an independent driver.  The best source is apparently getting out of the driver distribution business, but there once were several others catering specifically to laptop owners, you could find with a quality 'Net search tool.

I gave my last laptop to my daughter in law and haven't needed another in the two years since then.  I haven't kept up wityh the aftermarket driver availability.  I've just checked on this, a couple of hours later, and the Omega site is still going right now, but Google didn't come up with the others that I remembered.

www.Omegadrivers.net  is the URL . .

Message 12 of 36 (6,097 Views)

★★ Novice

Did anyone find a solution? I have the same problem and I hope I didnt just waste $60 :/ 

Message 13 of 36 (6,062 Views)

★★ Novice

No.  I have tried third party drivers and done everything I can think to do - nothing has resolved the issue for me yet.  I created another post on the Respawn forums to make sure this has visibility.

Message 14 of 36 (6,041 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same problem.  Alienware laptop running dual ATI Radeon HD 4870 video cards in crossfire with an i7 extreme processor. 

Downloaded the latest driver from AMD/ATI dated 4/29/2013 version 8.970.100.1100.  Dell has nothing newer than 2010.

If this isn't resolved by next Wednesday, I'll have to return the game for a refund.  Really wanted to play it but I'm not shelling out another $4,000 for another alienware just to play this game.  Console gaming sucks and will not buy an Xbox One either.

Have had no issues playing anything else.  Sounds like the game is optimized for Nvidia and no "REAL" support for ATI video cards.

I know the video card will support anything that any game throws at it not to mention the computer in general.

Message 15 of 36 (6,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Actually, I think it favors the Xbox One, which contains Radeon graphics, just newer than the HD 4000 series (getting quite long in the tooth from June, 2008 -- almost six years now!) 

New information just in:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/Startup-failure-with-discrete-gpu-but-it-works-with-the/m-p/24921...

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7th5ulwui5iyin9/ATI+Catalyst+12.11+B11+HotFix+11.04+Testing.7z

Message 16 of 36 (6,007 Views)

★★ Novice

Those are the 3rd party drivers I tried and I still have the issue.

Message 17 of 36 (5,966 Views)

★ Novice

The guru3d Driver did get the game working.  Be careful if you download it.  The first time, it tried to download malware with the driver.  If it tries to do that, cancel the download and try again.  The second time I only had to get rid of the download manager after the download completed.  You will also need WinZip to extract the file as windows extractor does not recognize the compression.

Good luck to everyone still having problems.  I've only went through the training part of the game, but it seems to be worth the effort to get it working.  Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 18 of 36 (5,940 Views)

★ Novice

What about Radeon 6630M with newest beta drivers?

Its better than minimal requirements but still cant play.

Message 19 of 36 (5,933 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

It is not the "6" in "6000" that counts for performance.  It is the "770" in "4770" that counts.  The generation number reflects the feature set, such as Dx11 for HD 5000s and upward.  The "630" is probably LOWER in performance after only two generations, although I can't be sure, never having looked your device up at benchmarking sites (which you could have done easily enough). 

Yours may still be too slow for a good game experience, however, were I you, I would have sought out different drivers before now.  There is a free Beta driver c/o an author on the Guru3D wensite that worked well enough for some game players so far (not for all of them). 

Passmark says that no "6630m" is in existence.

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=612&card2=655

Message 20 of 36 (5,925 Views)