Help us improve Answer HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks
Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
spengos

Can't connect to the EA servers on Xbox 360

Please help. I can't find info on this anywhere.

I've just bought TW 14 and I'm trying to connect to the servers. When the game starts up it just says: 

ACCOUNT ERROR 
Unable to retrieve account information. Please try again 

I'm trying to find somewhere to put in the online pass that came in the game box. But the description of where to enter this code doesn't exist. 

Where do enter the online pass? In-game, on Xbox Live or on the EA website? According to the insert it says I enter it on the "Online Pass Screen" where it says "Redeem code for online pass" but I can't see this anywhere in the game menus.

Keeper
spengos

Re: Can't connect to the EA servers on Xbox 360

I'm guessing this isn't a common problem since I can't find a solution anyware. :mansad:

Sentinel
kyuuk3tsukyouk1

Hi,

The game asks for the online pass the first time you play, but you can also enter your online pass like that:

From Xbox Marketplace

1. Sign in to Xbox LIVE with the account for which you want to use the prepaid code.
  2. Press the Guide button on the controller.
  3. Select Marketplace, and then select Redeem Code.
  4. Enter the 25-character prepaid code, and select Done.
  5. When prompted, click Yes to confirm the redemption.

(I found the info here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-do-i-enter-my-online-pass-code)

Give me some XP if it worked :smileywink:

Keeper
spengos

The online pass code is only 16 characters so it doesn't work. When trying to add the code it puts the "-" after every 5th character instead of every 4th, as the online pass.

I've also tried clearing my Xbox 360 cache, which was also recommended to me, but this did nothing to help.

I'm really frustrated with this. Why the hell does this nned to be so complicated?

...and EA wonder why they have such a bad rep

MLadyD7
Topics: 39
XP: 3,925
Solutions: 1,922

If  kyuuk3tsukyouk1's post didn't work for you, you can always contact a game advisor if you'd like, here's how

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this message helped you, please give it some xp! Just click the XP box at the bottom of the message.

Si ce message vous a aidé, donnez-lui un peu d'XP ! Cliquez le bouton XP en bas à droite de ce message.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。 ◕‿◕。-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
✔ Please don't forget to resolve your question if this helps as it could help others & Click XP if someone helped!

***Please note...I do not work for EA/Origin/Pogo
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM
-
----( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”----