Ask. Answer. Be the Hero.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keeper
crzyforcrzy4

origin account in use?

when i go to log in to my origin account, it says that my account is already in use on another computer no one else uses this account but me..it just started today..i already changed my password...any help would be appreciated...thank you

eaeve
Topics: 79
XP: 449
Solutions: 462

Re: origin account in use?

[ Edited ]

Hi crzyforcry4,

Sorry for the late reply. Do you have the game and Origin installed on several computers? 

I receive this message when, for example, I log into my Origin account at the office(for work purposes of course!) while I was still logged at home. However if you think your account might be compromised in any way, do not hesitate to contact an EA Game Advisor.

To do so, go to https://help.ea.com/ 

Log in with your Origin account and then chose the appropriate options in the drop down menu for "Product", "Category", and "Platform".

Then you will see the available contact options. I would recommend live chat or Phone for this kind of issue.

For further information do not hesitate to check the following article: HOW TO MAINTAIN ACCOUNT SECURITY

Best regards,

Eve

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。◕‿◕。------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer somebody's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keeper
las1973

I have the same problem, last night I wanted to play co-op with my friend on Dead Space 3 and I was getting the same message that the account was already in use. So was he, on a different account! I turned off my computer and was rebooting when my friend was able to login, and through he's friends list he was able to see that I was logged in, even though my computer was switched off. So he then logged out of his account to see if it was a glitch, and when he tried to log back in, he again got the message that he's account was in use already. In the mean time my computer booted up, I was able to log in to my account with no issues this time, and this time in my friends list I saw that my friend was logged in, even though he wasn't because he was rebooting he's computer.

Then it occurred to me that I was logged in prior to wanting to play Dead Space 3, playing a different game, and had just logged out when my friend rang me up to play Dead Space 3.

So it seems that once you are logged in, and then log out, if you try logging back in again the server still thinks that you are logged in still, as evident if looked at from someone else's account who has you on their friends list.

Keeper
conantheusurper

Same thing, I only use one PC as the person stated above, so is the acct hacked, or not?

Keeper
ValkyrieX88

same here

Keeper
prodenswe

same here. started today.. :/ tried to change pass and evrything, but still same... My sec question i cant get to, so cant change that

Keeper
jjwicked

I have the same problem, could it be an origin server problem? Is there any way to check the list of the ip that connected to the account? I'm using origin only on my Home PC.

Keeper
lowenhertz

i'm also having this issue, still having it after changing password.

Keeper
hordor666

Getting the same problem today.  Also weird things started happening in sim city around the same time e.g powerstation being demolished without me doing anything, links to other cities etc being cut without me doing anything.  Someone on another forum reckons there is a vulnerablity in sim city that allows some sort of hack/pc hijack by obtaining ip address of people connected to a region.

eaeve
Topics: 79
XP: 449
Solutions: 462

Hello everyone,

The teams at Origin are currently investigating an issue where players are receiving this error message when they are logged from their usual computer. We will keep you updated as soon as we receive more information.

Thank you for your reports.

Eve

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------。◕‿◕。------------------
Thank you for being part of Answer HQ Community!
Did a solution help you? Let everybody know by clicking on the "Accept as Solution" button.
If you wish to provide further information or answer somebody's question, click on the "Reply" button.
If you are especially happy with someone's response, reward them by clicking on "XP".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------