Re: sims medieval service initialization failed 0x039e8474 mac

by ches2496

Original Post

sims medieval service initialization failed 0x039e8474 mac

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi. I am using a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016), version 10.12.3.

every time I'm trying to launch the sims medieval it says 'service initialization failed 0x039e8474'. I don't have any custom content installed. I do have the DLC Pirates & Nobles.

Help anyone?

I have sims 3 base game installed with Late night, Ambitions, Into the future and WA + Custom CC.

I have sims 4 with Vampires, Spa day, Outdoor retreat, City living and Get together + Custom CC.

Message 1 of 29 (13,599 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @rereroa,

Just to check do you have the game downloaded and installed from Origin or from disc? If you are installing from disc, could you please uninstall and then download/install from Origin instead?

If you are on Origin, could you please check if the Mac version has the repair option (right click the game tile and check for 'Repair')?

Let us know how you get on.
- Kristi

Message 2 of 29 (13,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I've been having the exact same issue, I downloaded through Origin and then tried to right click repair and it still came up with the same message! 

What do I do? I spent money on the game and I can't play it at all ): 

Message 3 of 29 (13,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have tried all advice, and it will not load. 

Message 4 of 29 (13,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too. I downloaded it from origin using my old product key. I chatted with EA's tech support and they don't have any fix at all and they admitted it. They haven't tried fixing this at all. The only thing that support did was to offer me free games that are not playable on mac.

Message 5 of 29 (13,488 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this problem. I downloaded through origin and I don't see any option to "repair" when I right click the icon. I'm very frustrated considering this was $20.

Message 6 of 29 (13,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing as well. I can't clear any cache files because I don't have any, so hoping a re-install might magically do the trick. Not happy after spending $20 on it. 

Message 7 of 29 (13,452 Views)

★★ Novice
I don't know if you found a solution to this problem already, but the thing that finally worked for me was JUST downloading the base game without pirates and nobles, then opening it to see if I still got the error code. After that, it worked fine, and I was able to download pirates and nobles no problem.
Message 8 of 29 (13,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It did not work

Message 9 of 29 (12,417 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I tried this as well and get the same error without the pirates and nobles
Message 10 of 29 (11,075 Views)