Re: sims medieval, not running properly

by EA_Mai

Original Post

sims medieval, not running properly

★★ Novice

So it keeps on showing up as a background process, i've tried everything but nothing's working. i really just want to play the game not become an it engineer! (nothing against it engineers but i want to play a game not get a degree >o<) just to play a game to make me happy while im ill. already got a headache trying to figure it out Q_Q

Message 1 of 4 (725 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @HeartRabbit,

Let's try to find the problem. Is your game installed through Origin or disc?

Also, could you please give us more technical information about your computer? A dxdiag would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

Thank you!

-Mai

Message 2 of 4 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I've got the same problem with my game on disc.

I attached my dxdiag.

Message 3 of 4 (641 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @mrGarry82,

Welcome to Answers HQ, and thanks for sharing your dxdiag!

I would recommend installing the game through Origin, as there's an update of the game that can only be installed in the digital version of The Sims Medieval.

To install the game through Origin, it's necessary to redeem it first, as explained here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Medieval/How-to-Register-The-Sims-Medieval-to-Origin/td-p/2528290 . Make sure to redeem it in the right account, as each code can only be registered once.

Once you have registered your game, download and install Origin if you don't have it already in your computer. The game will be ready to download in your Origin Game Library, but before downloading it, make sure to uninstall the disc version of The Sims Medieval from your computer.

Let us know if you have any questions Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (622 Views)