Re: service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

by allysimbuilds

Original Post

Accepted Solution

service initialization failed (0x0175d824)

★★★★★ Novice

I will list what I have tried:

-Crinrict's full list (Except for system defragmentation, as I do not know how to do that.)

-Deleting my Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims Medieval folder

-Re-Installing

-CCCleaning my User Files

-Removing Mods

I have a strong feeling that this was caused by the latest Windows 10 Update. I had Windows 10 before, but the Anniversary Update messed up my game, very, very badly.

Message 1 of 10 (5,720 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

@whiteglovian Are you running the game from disc or Origin? If you are using discs, could you try redeeming the product code on Origin and then install from there? If you are already installing from Origin, did you get a chance to repair the game (right click the tile and select 'Repair')?

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (6,611 Views)

All Replies

EA Staff

@whiteglovian Are you running the game from disc or Origin? If you are using discs, could you try redeeming the product code on Origin and then install from there? If you are already installing from Origin, did you get a chance to repair the game (right click the tile and select 'Repair')?

Message 2 of 10 (6,612 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my MAC. I have tried 'repairing' numerous time and it still displays the message, initialisation fail. This is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 10 (5,611 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am getting the same error. I have used disks and Origin have also given me the downloadable version as I registered my game but it still has the same error coming up. I update the patch and then 'unknown error' comes up and closes the application. Frown

Message 4 of 10 (5,407 Views)

★ Novice

I am having this problem on Mac. I tried to register the game serial number from the disc on origin and it sent me to the EA web page to register it. When I returned to Origin the game was in my Games list, so I clicked download. It told me an external application had to finish the installation, but this never loaded. The game appeared as ready to play, but when I tried to run it I got the service initialisation failed message. Please help! My new iMac doesn't have a CD drive!

Message 5 of 10 (5,395 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue, too. I've tried all the fixes suggested here, and on the forums, but can't get the game to load. For some reason the installer isn't downloading it seems. My error code is a different one, but I did get this code at first. Now I get:

"service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)"

Mac, everything up-to-date, have tried restarting, uninstalling, and everything between. Running latest OSsierra.

Message 6 of 10 (5,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Exact same error here; "Service initialization failed (0x0175d824)" on Windows 10 PC.

I bought the game today and cannot play it.

I have never had Origin on this PC so it is a fresh install of not only Origin but the game itself: Sims Medieval.

This is a vanilla game with NO mods at all however I also tried the usual fixes listed previously (clearing out files, compatibility mode etc). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 7 of 10 (5,054 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i fixed by launching the game through the NVidia games panel.

Message 8 of 10 (4,734 Views)

"Service initialization Failed"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

"Service initialization Failed" 

I just purchased The Sims Medieval on Origin about 20 minutes ago and as I normally would be excited to play a new game it came as a shocker to see that it wouldn't even start up, all it said was Service Initialization Failed (0x0175d824). I haven't even played it yet so I have no idea what I am to do. Can I just get a refund if the game itself is janky?

Message 9 of 10 (4,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for this advice (#8 above). I opened up Nvidia Geforce Experience and got it to optimise the graphic settings of the game. I noticed that the game defaulted to a resolution that wasn't 1920 x 1080 (my monitor/gaming resolution). Might this be the cause for some people? If you haven't GF experience see if you can access the basic .INI file (PC > documents > EA > Sims Medieval > options) and set the resolution in there (?)

Message 10 of 10 (4,055 Views)