[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by MiraPotter

Original Post

[The Sims Medieval] The sims medievil will not start correctly from launcher it is sunning in task manager but does nothing in windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

HI I just  bought the Sims medieval as it was on sale down from $90. The sims medievil will not start correctly from launcher it is running in task manager but does nothing in windows 8. The only fix in your (EA) forums is download the crack surely this is not the best solution with spyware and the like,

Windows 8 64bit

ATI HD5850 video card

AMD ii x6 1055t proccesor

Message 71 of 162 (6,916 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Answer HQ doesn't have a forum specific to the Sims Medieval (i.e., it's not supported here), and the game is not compatible with Windows 8.  According to posts I found via Googling this issue, you can run the game if you do not patch it at all.  Sorry. 

edited to add: If you want to contact customer support to get an official response for this issue, you can contact them here: https://help.ea.com/contact-us

Message 72 of 162 (6,940 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Patch

★★ Novice

Hi gaa17,

Thanks for your answer, much appreciated Standard smile

Message 73 of 162 (6,934 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have just bought The Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles, only to find out that its not compatible with windows 8, when will there be a patch fixing it? Cause thats not right, you have tons of fans who bought the game only to find EA arent doing anything to fix the problem, or at least say on the store that this game doesnt work with windows 8, so people wont buy the game. Its just not right at all.

Message 74 of 162 (6,926 Views)

Re: Please Support The Sims Medieval on Windows 8

★★ Novice

The sims medieval doesn't work on windows 8 when the latest patch is installed. That also means we can't play the expansion pack because the expanion pack needs the main game to have the patch installed. I have searched on many forums to find out if it was just me but it turns out that most people with windows 8 is having the same issue. Will you be bringing out a new patch to fix this?

Message 75 of 162 (7,012 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, installed just fine, updated just fine. Go to click on the play icon and I get windows cannot display the screen... no play and I am disappointed because I really like the game

Message 76 of 162 (7,077 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

★ Novice

yup I tried this also same problem. I would love to play or just get my money back. vey upset

Message 77 of 162 (6,962 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I learned that if you uninstall it, then set it to work for windows 7, and don't download updates it will work. I know it sux but at least you can play the game

Message 78 of 162 (7,022 Views)

Re: Please Support The Sims Medieval on Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I thinks it's a shame that we can't play The Sims Medieval because we have Windows 8 installed. PLEASE fix this problem!! The most of us has actually paid for playing this game and it doesn't feel good that it doesn't work!

Please answer me!

/ Julia

Message 79 of 162 (6,936 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Please Support The Sims Medieval on Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I think it's a shame that we can't play The Sims Medieval because we have Windows 8 installed. PLEASE fix this problem!! The most of us has actually paid for playing this game and it doesn't feel good that it doesn't work!

So please, please, please, DO SOMETHING about it!

Please answer me!

/ Julia

Message 80 of 162 (6,931 Views)