[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by MiraPotter

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

★ Novice

ok so all I have to do is install one of the expansion packs and it will work on windows 8? 

Message 21 of 162 (5,806 Views)

Re: The Sims Medieval and windows 8

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. The sims medieval seems to operate as a background prossess in the task manager, so it never runs. Not through compadibility mode, and not as administrators. Any assistance would be greatly appreaciated.

Message 22 of 162 (5,198 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] can't play the sims medieval

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After installation ,I found I can not play the sims medieval. I think there is some problem with launcher.  Is the sims medieval can paly well in windows 8 system? 

Message 23 of 162 (4,978 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval and Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles Launcher wont launch

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

I have tried installing Origin and both games and re-installing them as well as ran the troubleshooter....to no avail.  I can not play either game after loading them   on Windows 8?

Message 24 of 162 (5,001 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Once I click play on the sims medival launcher it doesnt load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have installed 'the sims medieval' and 'the sims medieval pirates and nobles' and then whenever I go onto the launch window and click play, the game will not come up... i am on windows 8, please help!

Message 25 of 162 (4,924 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have looked at the forums for answers to this but now i'm getting nowhere.  i have only loaded the base game, no patchs, updates or the expansion pack...which i have got but would like to fix the base game first! i can load the game but it gets to the first screen (pick an ambition) comes up with a warning that my graphics card is not recognised and the whole screen freezes, i can move the mouse but not select anything, no options menu or anything even using keyboard controls (F5).  Also I have the limited edition, havent even got as far as trying to load the extra content.

what can be done to fix this or do i have to keep waiting for a new update and unistalling if that doesn't work?

Message 26 of 162 (4,973 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] The Sims Medieval won't start?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I just installed the Sims Medieval, but when I click the little arrow button to start playing, nothing happens. Any help would be appreciated!

I have a Windows 8 laptop Standard smile

Message 27 of 162 (4,943 Views)

Re: The Sims Medieval won't start?

Hero

Do you have bitDefender on your computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 162 (4,942 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Sims medieval to be supported by windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Like many other avid Sims players I also love Sims medieval.  Having upgraded to a new laptop I'm dismayed to find that Sims medieval cannot be played due to non compatibility with windows 8.  Sort it out EA we want to play!

Message 29 of 162 (5,359 Views)

Re: Sims medieval to be supported by windows 8

★ Newbie

I agree, I have a new laptop which has windows 8 and the sims medieval does not work if i patch it or add the 'Pirates and noble' pack. An updated patch to allow the games to run perfectly would be very much appricated by many sim fans as it seems to be a common issue and complaint when you type it in any search engine. 

Message 30 of 162 (5,322 Views)