[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by MiraPotter

Original Post

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★ Novice

Yeah. I got mine to work. The reason why most people are hesitant about using the Ultimate Fix patch is because it IS unlicensed by EA and most times you can't trust that kind of a thing. But I swear, it DOES work if you do it right. Maybe it depends on whether you have the basic windows 8 or windows 8 pro, but it does work for me...All I did was search "The Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix" on google to find the actual link to the patch and it's the first link that comes up. Should be something like "games4theworld" blahblahblah. Download the latest updated version of the patch and do exactly as the instructions suggest. It's not as difficult as people think and yes, it is a little dangerous, but considering I have not gotten a virus and I've been playing for a few weeks now, I will vouch for it. If you need anymore help, feel free to let me know.

Message 111 of 162 (3,685 Views)

★★ Novice

@bigalstanley wrote:

@lady8jane wrote:

I won't link it here as we are not supposed to link mods, but I would suggest to search for "The Sims Medieval: Ultimate Fix" and install this. You should be able to run "Pirates & Nobles" with that on Windows 8.

I think the link you asked us to search for is a license hack. I wouldn't want to do that on a version that I have bought and paid for.

What's the point of worrying whether it is a license hack because it's a version that you "bought and paid for" (which by the way means the same thing) if you can't play the game? Then it's just a waste of money, sitting there on your computer while being unplayable due to EA being **bleep** about this.

Message 112 of 162 (3,711 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've purchased the cd rom form an electronic store without having instaled th sims medieval game. As a result, in order to install the pirates and nobles I had to download (after purchasing) the sims medieval from the origin. Neither works now...

Message 113 of 162 (3,488 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Agreed.

EA, would be nice if you fixed this yourself instead of us looking to Mods to get it done.  My Microsoft was NOT happy to do this.....

Message 114 of 162 (3,394 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Compatibility for Windows 8

★ Novice

@empire1960 wrote:

Your menu did not include Sim Medieval, I am wondering if a patch will come out to allow Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles to operate on Windows 8 platforms.

It's not Pirates and Nobles that stops it from playing.

I patched before I installed P&N and it was doing the same thing. And then I opened Origin because for some reason it wasn't opening like it does when I play SIms 3 and I had forgotten to instal P&N so I did that but it still wouldn't play.

So it's the lates patch on the base game that stops it from working on Win8, not the Pirates and Nobles EP

(I have no solution, just thought I would clear that up.)

Message 115 of 162 (3,345 Views)

★ Novice

where can you find the file for origin?

Message 116 of 162 (3,345 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

★★★★ Novice

Nobody is screwing you. Its not like you are forced to buy their products...get over it.

Message 117 of 162 (3,339 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

It is true that no one forced us to buy the product, but it is their job to make patches/updates that will not interfere with gameplay. We paid for it so we have the same right as windows 7 users to have up to date gameplay and access to the EP.

Message 118 of 162 (3,190 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Help me please with Sims Medieval for pc

★★ Novice

Glendita, this is exactly what is happening to me. the game image shows up in Origin but when you click play nothing happens but the taskbar says it is running! I hope EA will help us or refund the money. I'm afraid to buy more games to download now from EA. However, my Sims 3 bundle that I bought at Best Buy and installed with disks works just fine! But I really really want Medieval.

Message 119 of 162 (3,176 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] unable to play the sim3 medieval

★★ Novice

you have described my situation exactly. I am running windows 8.1 and it does the same thing. I hope there is a fix for this or a refund.

Message 120 of 162 (3,176 Views)