[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

by MiraPotter

Original Post

Compatible with windows 8

★★★ Newbie

Is this game still not working on windows 8? and if not is there a way around it?

Message 91 of 162 (6,249 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

does it work with the pirates and noble expansion too?

Message 92 of 162 (6,256 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Patch

★ Novice

Are you able to uninstall a patch?

Message 93 of 162 (6,249 Views)

★★ Guide

I won't link it here as we are not supposed to link mods, but I would suggest to search for "The Sims Medieval: Ultimate Fix" and install this. You should be able to run "Pirates & Nobles" with that on Windows 8.

Message 94 of 162 (6,245 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My version 1 Medieval operated perfectly until I updated to 2.0 version, Now it loads but does not run.

Message 95 of 162 (6,228 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

EA programmers have been known for years for making more problems with their updates then they solve and the will not will NOT write any message to tell us when they will fix their problems. Maybe they enjoy screwing us.

Message 96 of 162 (6,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

To the person who posted on googling "Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix"  GOD BLESS YOU.

I absolutely love you for posting this!

This my friend worked.

I didn't have to uninstall it either.  I followed the instructions included and now it launches and I have Pirates and Nobles and everything patched up to date.

This also tell me its a DRM issue on Windows 8 that EA has failed to fix.

Shame on them!!!

SHAME SHAME SHAME

But this worked fine running Windows 8 Pro 64 bit.  I thought I was going to have to intall Windows 7.  But not now!

I highly recommend anyone running Windows 8 they install this.  Patch away the game then get this fix!   Your problems are gone.

Message 97 of 162 (5,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you install mods on Sims Medieval or how do you install it.

Frown  I never really used mods or CC much, do I need to download a mod folder and get WinRAR back? I really would hate to go through all of this but I LOVED Sims Medieval, I've never had the Pirates and Nobles Expansion.

But I've had the game for 2 years, got a new laptop with windows 8 because my old Laptop was a piece of junk...

Figure I should install this game because I've never finished it, and BAM it doesn't work...

Message 98 of 162 (5,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey everyone!!

I have read many comments about how sims medieval don't work with windows 8. And I had exactly the same problem! Every time I would press play button on the launcher, nothing would happen.
So what I did is, I have re-installed the game but this time when I was asked to update it, I pressed 'cancel'. And now my game works.

Hope this helps!!
Message 99 of 162 (5,812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am disappointed to see that this thread has been marked as solved, when it clearly has not been solved. Downloading a patch from a third party website is not a solution! Nor is it a solution that will work for everyone. I tried to use the Ultimate Sims Medieval patch and it did not work for me. My antivirius, Microsoft Defender kept quarentining one of the files in the download. 

If anyone has a solution other than using the ultimate patch it would be appreciated. 

Message 100 of 162 (5,623 Views)