Re: So it is a lie that it is solved?

by ravenashley

Original Post

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Newbie
How did you do that? I've just bought a computer with Windows 8 and The Sims medieval, it just doesent work to play The Sims medieval... Does anyone Knowles how to fix?
Message 141 of 162 (2,911 Views)

★★★ Novice
Install on origin
Message 142 of 162 (2,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

But that cost money huh?

Message 143 of 162 (2,900 Views)

★★★ Novice
No just put in your game code
Message 144 of 162 (2,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Does the game code intain twenty letters and numbers?

Message 145 of 162 (2,888 Views)

Re: [The Sims Medieval] Game Won't Start

★ Novice

Having the same problem! Did this get fixed?

Message 146 of 162 (2,588 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue here and still don't know how to solve it.

I've read the EA advertisement about this, but when I go to the Origin site or install the application it appears me a warning telling me I have to redeem a new code through the sims 3 site (https://www.thesims3.com/myAccount.html) and when go there and go to the redeem code option, my code doesn't fit on the spaces. My code has 5 groups of numbers and letters and there is only space for 4 groups.

I have the physical disc version.

What should I do?

Message 147 of 162 (2,309 Views)

So it is a lie that it is solved?

★★★ Newbie

So how? all the people who have windows 8 should not play sims medieval anymore?

I do not remember myself purchasing game just to play awhile then quit just because it cannot support my latest version of windows.

This better be solved

Message 148 of 162 (2,272 Views)

★ Novice

No. It's not a lie. It is just unclear on how we can play it.

Because no one answered me here, I contacted the support through the chat window.

You actually have to install Origin, then you have to introduce your code and only then you may install the game through Origin. If when you try to redeem a new code, it shows up a warning about redeeming a new code through thesims3 website, simply ignore it and try inserting your code without the indents. I supose that was my problem, because I was trying to insert my code with the indents just as it was in the example and when I contacted the support help, it suddenly appeared my "new code" who was actually the old one without the indents.

If it doesn't solve your problem, try contacting directly through chat, email or phone. I had my problem solved instantly.

Message 149 of 162 (2,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

YES it was solved. All I had to do was delete the copy i installed from the disc I bought (pre-fix and pre-work around 64-bit only Windows 8). Since it was added to my library, I was able to download the fixed version.  I can and have played The Sims Medivil on Windows 8.

Just do what their directions say http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility/

Message 150 of 162 (5,219 Views)