[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

by sophy97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just bought the Sims Medieval Deluxe but it doesn't work on my pc. My computer has Windows 8, but it wasn't written anywhere that Windows 8 cannot play the game. What should I do?

I'm prepared to wait a few months for the game to update so I can play it too, but if this isn't likely to happen at all I'd like my money back (somehow).
Most of all, I'd like an answer to my question as soon as possible. Thanks!

Message 1 of 162 (25,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: So it is a lie that it is solved?

★★★ Newbie

YES it was solved. All I had to do was delete the copy i installed from the disc I bought (pre-fix and pre-work around 64-bit only Windows 8). Since it was added to my library, I was able to download the fixed version.  I can and have played The Sims Medivil on Windows 8.

Just do what their directions say http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-medieval-and-windows-8-compatibility/

View in thread

Message 150 of 162 (5,216 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Medieval Windows 8

★★★ Novice

Are you recieving any kind of error when you try to start the game or is it that the game wont install at all?

Message 2 of 162 (24,803 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I bought the Sims Medieval a while ago for my computer when it was running on Windows Vista and it worked fine. I recently had my computer upgraded and it has Windows 8, which the game doesn't work on. But, when I go on to the task manager, it is running in the background. I don't know what to do, so can anyone help? Will be appreciated Standard smile

Message 3 of 162 (23,127 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Not Working On Windows 8

★★★ Novice

Yup Had windows 7 installed windows 8 and now it does not work but it is apparently running it does not start ,The sims 3 works fine though...

Message 4 of 162 (23,093 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] sims medieval and windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I cannot get my sims medieval to work on windows 8 any suggestions will help It installs properly both the patch and the original game but when I go to play it it doesn't start but when I look in my task manager instead of running as an application it is running as a background process any idea why that may be?

Message 5 of 162 (22,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue - I just bought a new laptop with Windows 8 and when I hit the play icon it doesnt run the game. It installed fine and shows the welcome screen initiall but wont play the game. Help!

Message 6 of 162 (24,678 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Fix for Sims Medieval - Windows 8 bug?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got a new laptop with Windows 8 today and installed the Sims Medieval - the welcome screen (after you click the icon) comes us and even updated the latest patch. But when I click the play icon it doesn't start the game. Is it not compatible with the new version of Windows? Or do I need to change a setting or something?

Message 7 of 162 (23,437 Views)

Re: Fix for Sims Medieval - Windows 8 bug?

★★★★ Novice

A EA agent informed me the game isn't yet compatible with Windows 8 so I'm still keeping my Windows 7 version.

Message 8 of 162 (23,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem.  The game installed fine.  Nothing appeared to happen when I hit the play button on the start-up screen.  I checked the task manager and the game is running in the background, instead of running as an app.  Anybody know how to get it to run as an app?

Message 9 of 162 (24,643 Views)

[The Sims Medieval] Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello

I just brought Sims the Medieval and Medieval: Pirates and Nobles, and they doesn't Work on my new computer, and there weren't any warnings that it wouldn't Work, so i just wanted to know what I have to do to make it Work. Are there anyone who have any ideas of what to do?

Message 10 of 162 (22,149 Views)