The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles download issue

by xCille

Original Post

The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles download issue

★ Novice

Hello, this is literally my last hope, because it doesn't look like EA will even lift a finger to actually HELP their costumers. 
I've been waiting for a live chat close to an hour now, and nobody picks up the phone when I call. 

So I recently bought The Sims Medieval and the expansion - Pirates and Nobles. 
Downloading Medieval goes fine, and there's no problem, but when I try to download Pirates and Nobles, the Origin installer just immediately says "complete" without it actually downloading anything. It treats it like it already is on the PC, but it's not. 
I wanted to try and reinstall it, but as I said, it's not on my PC. I can spam the "download" button in the "additional content" tab but nothing happens. 
What the hell do I do? 

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions or tip provided. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,190 Views)

Re: The Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles download issue

★★★ Newbie

RESOLVED: I thought I'd put the solution for this issue here, in case anyone finds this and has the same problem:

1. Uninstall The Sims Medieval

2. Copy all your games to desktop (just in case if Origin * up) 

3. Uninstall Origin 
4. Reinstall Origin 

5. Reinstall The Sims Medieval and when it asks if you wan't to install Pirates and Nobles too, click NO (or uncheck the box)

6. Wait for The Sims Medieval to finish downloading, then go to the "additional contents" tab and install Pirates and Nobles. 

7. And that should fix it - did for me anyway, it seems to be some weird glitch with Origin. 

Only catch with this is, that it'll delete all your saves and stuff. I hope that's not an issue, but it's the best (and only) solution I can think of right now. 

Message 2 of 2 (1,167 Views)