Sims Medieval launcher won't work (Mac).

by simofthepleasure

Original Post

Sims Medieval launcher won't work (Mac).

★★ Novice

I can't get my Sims Medieval to work - I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the game but the launcher still doesn't appear. I can see some of the text, but otherwise the launcher doesn't appear. I brought the game from Origin, as well as the Pirates and Nobles expansion - which, when I try to install, says isn't compatible with the Sims Medieval game installed, but I brought the deluxe edition. 

Please, please, PLEASE help.

Message 1 of 6 (5,786 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval launcher won't work (Mac).

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just found this link to the Mac patch updates. I am downloading now, so hopefully it will work! http://www.gamefront.com/the-sims-medieval-mac-v2-0-114-patch/

Message 2 of 6 (5,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried to download and install the patch, but then it says that it comes from "an unknown developer"... I have downloaded the .tar file, so it is not mixed up with the windows (.exe) file. Did you manage it to work, desertrose?? Is the OS to new? I know very little about this, so any help would be highly appreciated!

I am running:

Macbook Pro OS X 10.9.1

2,6Ghz i7 Processor

16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA  GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB RAM

Message 3 of 6 (5,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The "unknown developer" is a Mac OS thing. Just go to your system preferences, to security & privacy, click the lock at the bottom to unlock and make changes, then choose to allow apps downloaded from anywhere to be installed.

Message 4 of 6 (5,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually you can just press "open Anyway". without admin account to authorize.

Message 5 of 6 (4,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This page is no longer available: http://www.gamefront.com/the-sims-medieval-mac-v2-0-114-patch/. I'm having the same issues trying to get this to work (Mac OS X, 10.9.5). Any other patches??

Message 6 of 6 (1,116 Views)