Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles won't show up in game

by xAlouderSoldier

Original Post

Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles won't show up in game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So today I bought the Sims Mediëval Deluxe Pack on Origin.

It the Sims Mediëval and the DLC Pirates and Nobles together in one pack.

I installed everything but when I click on expensions packs it keeps on saying I shoud still download the DLC pack.

Everytime I click on download it installs it but it never appaers in the game.

And I keep on getting the option to download the dlc.

I did everything so far I can think of but nothing works, anyone who has a solution on here ?

Message 1 of 7 (2,848 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Pirates and Nobles won't show up in game

EA app Team

Hi @xAlouderSoldier,

Please, clear your Origin program cache in case there is a file wrong there.

Once you have finished, open Origin again, right click on the game and select "Repair".

Is the content appearing inside the game now?

-Mai

Message 2 of 7 (2,814 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, I have the same problem, and this didn't help.

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 7 (2,797 Views)

★ Novice

So I somewhat fixed it (and I hope this can also help OP, even though it's a really long and dreary way to do it... literally sat entire day with this) 

1. Uninstall The Sims Medieval

2. Copy all your games to desktop (just in case if Origin * up) 

3. Uninstall Origin 
4. Reinstall Origin 

5. Reinstall The Sims Medieval and when it asks if you wan't to install Pirates and Nobles too, click NO (or uncheck the box)

6. Wait for The Sims Medieval to finish downloading, then go to the "additional contents" tab and install Pirates and Nobles. 

7. And that should fix it - did for me anyway, it seems to be some weird glitch with Origin. 

Only catch with this is, that it'll delete all your saves and stuff. I hope that's not an issue, but it's the best (and only) solution I can think of right now. 

Message 4 of 7 (2,787 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @xCille,

Thanks for that solution Standard smile Glad you could make your game work again.

Regarding the saves, for next time: if you make a copy of the folder "The Sims Medieval" that is inside Documents \ Electronic Arts, you should be able to restore your saves and data easily once you finish reinstalling the game.

Enjoy the game!

-Mai

Message 5 of 7 (2,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Sadly it doesn't work for me Frown

But I bought the cd for Pirates and Nobles and now it works. Not trough Origin though :\

Message 6 of 7 (2,719 Views)

★ Novice

Heya, sorry this seems late as I had the same problem just recently. What I did that worked was uninstall the medieval. As you are about to re-install but not both packs. Medieval first then the Pirates. Then, open the pirates and it should work. Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (1,937 Views)