Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

by enjolina

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Invalid Serial Code. Cannot Play Game without!

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for me.  Only difference is that I've owned this game and its expansion almost since their respective releases: Base game on disc, expansion paid for and downloaded through Origin.

But my original PC was stolen last Christmas. Today I reinstalled the game, plus Pirates & Nobles expansion, on my replacement PC and I'm being told that my serial code is invalid or my connection is down.  Very frustrating!

I've uninstalled the Pirates & Nobles expansion and the base game, which I installed from a disc, seems to work just fine.  So it appears to be an issue with EA/Origin's validation process and not anything on my PC's end.

Message 11 of 280 (4,708 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there anything you guys can do to help us frustrated with this game? I too have had several very frustrating and unhelpful conversations with the EA customer service who keep giving me instructions that aren't for the Mac I'm using (even though I've told them each several times that I am using a Mac...) or don't deal with the real issue of using a serial code directly from you guys that keeps coming up as invalid. It's a shame I can't play this awesome looking game because the expansion pack messes everything up.

Message 12 of 280 (4,690 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yup i have the same problem..... my advisor told me to uninstall and re-install the game, and with 100kB/s that wasn't fun and of corse it didn't work, come on EA stop selling a broken game

Message 13 of 280 (4,653 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just contacted them again and they gave me a new code.. again, so i suppose ill try that

Message 14 of 280 (4,650 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ADAVIS1193

@Adamshatch

If you guys are still encountering an issue, can you try starting the game directly from the Origin app (in the "My games" tab) instead of from the desktop?

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
If it answered your question, click "Accept as solution". Thanks!
Message 15 of 280 (4,632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I have done this, and still with the error. It tells me to "enter this validation code" in a small window in origin, but when the game launches it still gives me the error.
I have attached photos below.

http://s29.postimg.org/6thnqh953/Screen_Shot_2015_07_27_at_7_50_35_PM.png

http://s13.postimg.org/hlvfy6bwn/Screen_Shot_2015_07_27_at_7_50_42_PM.png

I have also tried registering the games on the Sims 3 website, no luck.

Message 16 of 280 (4,620 Views)

@ravenksm

I see you are still in touch with our support. Follow the steps they have provided and give them the information they required and update us on the status of your issue. Standard smile

If this message helped you, please give it a bit of XP! Click the XP button at the bottom right of this post.
Message 17 of 280 (4,609 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Update:

Support asked me to deinstall and reinstall the game. After telling them I had done this twice already, they asked me to try it a third time. I was given a deinstaller program that ONLY works on PC's (despite telling them multiple times I had a mac) and no solution to my problem.

Message 18 of 280 (4,599 Views)

@ravenksm

I'll get in touch with the studio to see if I this is a known issue and what we can do to resolve it.

Message 19 of 280 (4,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. stop telling us to reinstall it and install it again. it is a problem with your cd key validation get it together and actually do something for your customers please I'm tired of wasting my money that ends up just being another useless icon in my steam library. Was really looking forward to this one too. Please stop beating around the bush and find a solution or take your game down from steam because way too many people are buying a useless product. We don't want to deal with hours of tech support. We don't want to have to buy your game twice for origin and steam. We just want to play the game. I have heard of these issues on pcs running windows 8 mac and I am running on windows 7 ultimate. So you're telling me almost no modern gamer can play this at all. Fix. This. Please.

Message 20 of 280 (4,552 Views)