Online update breaks game

by MothSeraph

Original Post

Online update breaks game

★★★ Newbie
I've been playing my game offline for as long as I've owned it. Windows 8 had no problems, and neither did Windows 10 when I updated. But when I finally went online and downloaded all the updates for the new content, it broke my game. I could open the game launcher, but I couldn't get the game to play. Task Manager shows that it was running in the background, but would not show. Help?! I ended up uninstalling the whole game, and re-installing it. It works again, but I'm afraid to go download the updates again... also, I don't have internet at home, so I play offline...
Message 1 of 2 (405 Views)

Re: Online update breaks game

EA app Team

Hi @MothSeraph,

A new patch was released recently which removes the launcher, so I think you didn't have the most recent version of the game. You installed the game using a disc, right? Then I recommend you to uninstall the game again, and install it through Origin (you will need internet connection for this). Origin will download and install the game with its updates.

Once installed, you should open the game while online once, so it gets activated. After that, you will be able to play offline.

Let me know if you have any question Standard smile

Mai

Message 2 of 2 (391 Views)