Re: Game has black screen when launched

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Game has black screen when launched

★★★ Newbie

Is there a way to fix this, or a solution? I run a Windows Ten and got my game from steam and therefore was able to get it and play it here. Here is my problem

When I goto origin I am able to click play, When I click play the black screen comes up when loaded.  The cutscene will start and when I click on it the loading music plays.  I was able to play it yesterday but now I am unable to again. I have about 48 hours on the game, is it possible to fix the black screen of death for the game, or do I have to buy a hard copy?  Thanks for all your help if you have an answer!

Zeldaqua

Message 1 of 4 (1,446 Views)

EA Staff

@zeldaqua As a first thing could you please try repairing the game in Origin - right click the Sims Medieval game tile in Origin and select 'Repair'.

If the issue remains, please post your DxDiag? To post the DxDiag select the 'Choose File' button below the post box and attach your DxDiag text file. 

Thank you!

Message 2 of 4 (1,429 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there! I figured out the problem, apparently your game doesnt work when in windowed mode and goes blank when you exit the game on windowed mode and makes it unable to play, I had a few chats with the EA customer help chat to figure this out! Apparently it must always be played and exited in fullscreen, thanks for all your help guys

Message 3 of 4 (1,426 Views)

EA Staff

Glad to hear that the issue was resolved! Thanks for letting us know what the fix was Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (1,422 Views)