"unknown error" trying to launch the sims 3

by Elise1125

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"unknown error" trying to launch the sims 3

★ Novice

Hey everybody, 

Okay, I downloaded and installed The sims 3 for the first time (didn't open it to play)

I then downloaded and installed The sims 3 pets. 

I then pressed play, eager to start the game after waiting for the download. I keep getting the repeating message "unknown error"

I bought and downloaded the sims 3 and the sims 3 pets expansion pack from Origin. I tried to play them through Origin. 

The only difference between trying to launch this game on Origin vs. off my shortcut is that Origin sends me a prompt to remind me to copy the registration code (which I do) because it will be necessary later on. I press "ok" and BOOM error message. 

What do I do?

Message 1 of 4 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "unknown error" trying to launch the sims 3

EA app Team

Hi @Elise1125,

I moved your thread to The Sims Mac board Wink

Could you take a look to the first post in this thread?: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

Please, let us know if that helps Standard smile

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (688 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Message 2 of 4 (652 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I am on a Mac using Sierra. I had the Sims 3 installed a long time ago but it became buggy with the number of expansion packs so I deleted it. I've gone through my entire library as your first link suggests, then re-installed the Sims 3. I'm still getting the same error message. 

I am the only one to use this laptop.

Message 3 of 4 (647 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @Elise1125,

I moved your thread to The Sims Mac board Wink

Could you take a look to the first post in this thread?: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

Please, let us know if that helps Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (689 Views)