Re: macOS Sierra - Sims 3 and Sims 4

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the newest update last night (mac update) and ever since origin won't open at all.

Game: Sims 4

Expansion/game/stuff packs: Get to work, movie hangout, romantic garden, vampires and the free christmas one.

I've tried resetting origin and opening the game itself (and origin) in multiple different ways and it tries to open but after about a second it stops and closes so I don't get a change to click on the buttons at the top of the mac (the black bar with file, edit, help etc.)

Please help, I want to play Sims 4 again lol

Message 61 of 279 (4,713 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cinnamonchan_xo

Not sure what you did to reset Origin (run the reset tool?) but have you tried repairing the game in Origin?

Have you tried moving out the Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts onto your desktop and then seeing if the game will load?

What Mac do you have and what version of macOS did you upgrade from?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 62 of 279 (4,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game is manually patched but since Mac update CC from store are in launcher as installed but do not show up in game.  I say a post that you were compiling Mac/Sierra issues but I can't find the original post to add issues and specs.  Thanks

Message 63 of 279 (4,551 Views)

★★★ Novice
Mac specs: iMac (21.5 inch, late 2013)
Graphics: intel Iris Pro 1536 MB
Processor: Intel core i5

Mac came with MacOS Sierra haven’t updated since

Game: Sims 3
Issue: I can play for a long period of time ish and then my graphics go all funny like the showers with class show a zoomed on version of my game and waters to then trying to save and going all misty white and then trying to save a again or do anything it turns to yellows and until I can’t save no more when error 12 comes up and freezes my game

EP’s installed Pets, Late Night, Seasons and island paradise

Stuff Packs installed. High-end Loft stuff
Message 64 of 279 (4,353 Views)

@ellierocksagain2

Your Mac has unsupported graphics which is most likely causing your issue. You can read more about it here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 65 of 279 (4,334 Views)

★ Novice

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

Processor : 4.2 GHZ i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

Mac OS Sierra

Sims 3 base game downloaded from Origin and by disc

When starting from terminal or by the app it says an unknown error has occurred. 

Message 66 of 279 (4,166 Views)

@trudes1983

Have you installed the game from Origin or by disc? It's not possible to have two installations.

If you're running Sierra don't bother with the disc version as it will not work. You need to download and install the base game through Origin. After downloading run the manual super patch (link in my signature below) for the digital version of the game and it should fix the error. BUT, before you do any of that make sure you thoroughly uninstall every single Sims 3 related file. Full instructions here on how to properly uninstall the game, including the hidden Library files.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 67 of 279 (4,150 Views)

★★ Novice

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.52.00 PM.png

Sims 4 with City living EXP, Vamps EXP and 4-5 Stuff packs.

Recently got a newer computer due to old mac failing. Old mac was a mid 2010 iMac, however I had kept it on El Capitan as to not overload it (it had been dying for the past year).

Game worked perfectly fine on old computer, no glitches. Got new computer and upgraded to High Sierra and CAS is bugged to oblivion. Whenever I move the mouse it lags and glitches. I've managed multiple times to get through CAS and try to save my newly made sim and it crashes completely.

The actual game itself seems to be working decently okay, but I have one sim in the game who I'd felt done playing and was really looking forward to making a new one. I was ready to pre-order the new expansion too, but now I'm unsure if my comp doesn't work.

Also- I saw the post on the graphics that may be an issue, but my comp doesn't show having that graphics card, so could it be something else?

Cheers.

Message 68 of 279 (3,775 Views)

@icequeen8086

If you haven't done so already, please can you post in this thread with your Macs specs. - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-4-CAS-cursor-glitch/m-p/6027932#M7813 providing you are experiencing the issue in CAS that others are posting about.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 69 of 279 (3,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Since updating my mac to Sierra , My Sims4 gets to the loading screen then crashes

Message 70 of 279 (3,512 Views)