cc/mods not working in sims 4 on Mac sierra

by EmoDeep

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cc/mods not working in sims 4 on Mac sierra

★★★ Newbie

Please HELP!!! i recently downloaded the sims 4 on my MacBook pro, i changed the download location to my external drive because i don't have enough space on my mac, i copy and pasted my cc to the mods folder and my game wouldn't load pass the logo page, so i reinstalled the game removed all my cc and the game worked, i tried putting back my cc in smaller amounts but none of them show up in the game, i have the mods and script boxes ticked as well but still nothing, all of my cc are showing up with a black icon that says .exec in green writing, basically everything i pasted to my external drive. has anyone else had this problem? i really need some help because i was cc in my game 

p.s i also can't download any of the packs off the home screen even the free one Frown it just says "warning! something went wrong, check back later"

Message 1 of 4 (1,580 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cc/mods not working in sims 4 on Mac sierra

EA app Team

Hi @EmoDeep,

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

Were you able to install your mods following the advice by @fons_garmo and @iamjebee? If so, please, use the 'Accept as solution' button to let everyone know, it might be helpful for other players in your same situation in the future! You can also say 'thank you' to the posts that helped you by pressing the 'XP' button Wink

Let us know if you still need some help,

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,513 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi @EmoDeep,

The mods folder should be located on Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4, not in your external HDD. Did you also moved that folder to the external hard drive? Check this please, as you me be putting the mods on the wrong folder.

Message 2 of 4 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello @EmoDeep

My CC files ".package" show as "exec" in the Finder preview as well. It should not be a problem.

I agree with @fons_garmo that you may want to check if you put the CC files in the right folder and test if it runs well in your Mac hard drive in stead of external hard drive. If it still doesn't run in your Mac, then it's quite likely because of wrong folder. I hope your problem will be solved. I know how frustrating it is!

Message 3 of 4 (1,553 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @EmoDeep,

Welcome to Answers HQ! Standard smile

Were you able to install your mods following the advice by @fons_garmo and @iamjebee? If so, please, use the 'Accept as solution' button to let everyone know, it might be helpful for other players in your same situation in the future! You can also say 'thank you' to the posts that helped you by pressing the 'XP' button Wink

Let us know if you still need some help,

-Mai

Message 4 of 4 (1,514 Views)