Why is Origin making me re-download all of my uninstalled Sims 3 EPs?

by PortiaAlice

Original Post

Why is Origin making me re-download all of my uninstalled Sims 3 EPs?

★ Novice

After uninstalling my Sims 3 games, and the Origin client itself, from my Mac, due to the game not working properly, I reinstalled the Origin client and downloaded the base game and all of my expansion packs, ready to install. I found that some of the expansion packs weren't working properly, so I was installing and uninstalling them all to see which were working and which weren't.

This was all fine, but after a while, it made me completely re-download all of the expansion packs. This is a problem, because my home wifi is incredibly slow, to the point where it would download about 5-8% of an EP per day, which is the reason I downloaded all of the packs (on a different wifi connection) in the first place.

Is there any way that I can retrieve the files I initially downloaded, from my Mac, without having to re-download them from Origin? Are they still on here somewhere, or do I have no choice but to re-download all of the EPs (luckily I hadn't uninstalled the base game, so that is still on here)?

Message 1 of 1 (160 Views)