Re: Updating sims 4 error

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Updating sims 4 error

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys! So when I first got the Sims 4 I played it on my old Toshiba laptop and since then I have bought a mac where i have transferred it to. I have been playing to for about 4 months on my new mac wiht nothing wrong except for origin being slow a lot of the time but today as I was trying to load the game it would not load. It first said the file could not be opened, then said I had to update the game to play so I waited while it updated and it was preparing and then I wold get a notification saying the file could not be downloaded. Anyone had this happen and know what to do?!?! Thanks you xx

Message 1 of 2 (204 Views)

Re: Updating sims 4 error

@megzie_23

Please try this:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There may be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone (if it is there).
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (192 Views)