Re: Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

❗️Sims 4 is already running mac

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought the game june 2016 and I've never been able to open it, since origin keeps telling me that "the sims 4 is already running" with the errorcode:

[ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

I've already tried reinstalling origin and resetting it. I've checked my task manager and it is not running. I've gotten a new macbook (the touchbar one) and it still tells me that the sims 4 is already running. Help me, please

(Edited title showing as added to the compiled list - Bluebellflora)

Message 11 of 336 (69,111 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 is already running mac

[ Edited ]

@Munteax

Ok. Let's try one more thing... Can you set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can play in that account? Make sure to allow all permissions for the game to access the Documents folder. 

Or:

In existing user account, go into System Preferences > Privacy & Security > Files & Folders and make sure the game has access to the Documents folder.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 20 of 336 (73,885 Views)

All Replies

Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

★★★★ Novice

I'm seeing that this question has been asked since 2013 and even up to 2016. The only answers posted are for windows 10 - well I'm not using windows I'm using a Mac so the quick fix for everyone else hasn't worked for me.

I've erased my mod folder and there is no cache to clean. I just wanted to play a game I've been playing since I was a child.

Unable to start:

The Sims™ 4 is already running.

[ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]

Message 1 of 336 (59,289 Views)

@weirdegy

The Sims 4 was released for Mac in February 2015 so any threads before then relate to Sims 3. That issue is due to unsupported graphics cards as Sims 3 is not compatible on post-2013 Macs without editing some game files.

Are you having issues with Sims 3 or Sims 4? Have you tried quitting the game process in Activity Monitor?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 336 (59,149 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's definitely the sims 4 - I guess that error message has been around for a while then.
It wasn't the graphics or anything like that. Something wrong with the files...
EA left me to hang and hung up on my multiple times until I got right pissed and fixed it by my damn self.
If anyone wants to know how I did it, I'll let em know. But I don't wanna help this whack site that couldn't help me...
If you do need help with this exact thing though lemme know!
Message 3 of 336 (59,138 Views)

@weirdegy

That's great that you fixed it and it would help others if you could post on here what you did to fix it. This site is players helping players Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 336 (59,135 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello 

I'm having the same problem as you had, and therefore I would really like to know how you fixed your problem? 

Message 5 of 336 (59,114 Views)

★ Novice

hi!?i got the same problem too..it is so frustrating..have you solve the problem yet?

Message 6 of 336 (59,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can you please let me know how you fixed this?? I'm on mac and i too can't seem to find a solution its driving me nuts!!!

TIA

Message 7 of 336 (58,951 Views)

@jacintaleee

Can you open Activity Monitor, select the Sims 4 and then click on the grey X in the top left corner (not the red X) to quit the process?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 336 (58,938 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora
@munkjohanne
@AlDanDylan
@jacintaleee

Hi you guys. Your replies all went past me and into my junk folder. I'm sorry but I'm here to spill the beans!!

So something was corrupted. I was lazy and didn't find out what it was specifically but here's what I did and the problem went away.

If you're on a Mac and you get this error this is what to do:

Close the game (and anything else that's open // save whatever was open)

Log out of your Mac profile (press the Apple in the top left corner and go down to log out)

Create a new profile (Don't worry you won't need to keep it, it's just for the brand spanking new settings and files)

Go into your new Mac profile

In your files section locate the folder (Electronic Arts) containing the sims 4 game.

Copy that folder and all of its contents onto a USB

Log out of your newly created Mac profile

Log onto the one you usually use (the one you use to play the sims 4)

Locate your Electronic Arts folder and delete it***
((***If you have specific mods you want go into your Mods folder and place the ones you want onto your USB))

Now take the mint (untouched) Electronic Arts folder and copy and paste it where the old one was.

You should now be able to play the game :D

((***for the mods make sure the game works first and then log out and add your mods to the new mod folder))

Happy Simming you guys,
Maxis I'm still giving you guys the finger for hanging up on me, I haven't forgotten <.<
Message 9 of 336 (61,545 Views)