Sims Medieval Won't Launch on Mac

by myers5959

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval says "activation failed an internal error occurred on the

Hero (Retired)

Hi @ninah837,

Please check that OS X firewall is not blocking connections.

If the problem persists, please contacta an EA Advisor by clicking here.

Message 81 of 126 (2,632 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval Won't Launch on Mac

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have an Origin version of Sims Medieval: Special Edition for Mac, and I've followed the instructions this site provided word for word. Everything went smoothly concerning the patch until they asked me to select the Sims Medieval icon. It was grayed out, so I couldn't select it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, both using the uninstaller and manually, yet nothing seems to work. I can play the game by skipping the launcher, yet do to a lack of updates, I am unable to install Pirates and Nobles or free-play a kingdom (plus I don't have the update that let's you set the privacy of rooms, thus allowing those filthy peasants to track mud all over the castle!). Does anyone have an idea of how to solve this, or should I contact the help desk?

Message 82 of 126 (2,716 Views)

The Sims Medieval Verification Error

★★★ Newbie

I just recently redownloaded my SIms Medieval, and the Pirates and Nobles expansion. I had to download a patch because for some reason it would play, so I downloaded the patch pressed play and it seemed to work until a screen that says I need a serial code validation! I don't know what that means or what I need to fix it. I just want to play my damn game! Please someone help!!! 

Message 83 of 126 (2,575 Views)

Re: The Sims Medieval Verification Error

@PLURSimmer

I've moved your post to this Medieval thread. The activation issue is an ongoing problem which EA need to address in an update for the game. It only affects those who have downloaded the game, games running from the disc are fine.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 84 of 126 (2,568 Views)

For those suffering from the activation issue with Pirates & Nobles, please can you post what version of OS X you are running? Also, whether you have just the base game installed or Pirates & Nobles too?

Thanks Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 85 of 126 (2,544 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Also suffered from "Activation Failed" problem. here you go the OS version: OS X EI Capitan V.10.11.3. I have installed both base game and pirates & nobles. Please help I paid for it and I really wanna playyyyyyyy.

Message 86 of 126 (2,438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Please kindly provide a solution thanks!!!!! 

Message 87 of 126 (2,438 Views)

★★★ Novice

Best way to go about it is to get a refund, thats what I did. There is an ongoing issue with EA that they need to sort out and this problem dates back to 2013 and they still havn't fixed it. Get a refund whilst you still can. 

Message 88 of 126 (2,408 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it won't let me update it to the most recent patch either

Message 89 of 126 (2,376 Views)

★★★ Novice

I downloaded the file, turned it into an app and all that, but when i try to open it it just bounces up and down like its going to open and them doesnt because the application is not responding. -_- the irony is killing me i downloaded this game because my sims 3 game had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM. please help i just spen 20 dollars on this a few minutes ago ;-;

Message 90 of 126 (2,183 Views)