Sims 4 stuck on Resuming, won't update

by FantasticBeast4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 stuck on Resuming, won't update

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Sims 4 constantly says Resuming, but never gets to the update. The pause button is greyed out and when I click the x to stop it, it doesn't let me hit "yes" to quitting the update anyway. I am getting really mad, I don't know why my Sims don't want to work all of a sudden. I am on a Mac, and I also can't quit Origin unless I keep Force Quitting it. My sims say I've played 0 hours even though I've got at least five under my belt. Any help?

Message 1 of 5 (9,291 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 stuck on Resuming, won't update

Hi @FantasticBeast4,

Please try using Origin Reset Tool: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

After this, reinstall Origin by clicking here.

About the hours played, that hours meter is bugged in Origin for Mac so it won't show you real information about how many hours have you played.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (10,656 Views)

All Replies

Hi @FantasticBeast4,

Please try using Origin Reset Tool: https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

After this, reinstall Origin by clicking here.

About the hours played, that hours meter is bugged in Origin for Mac so it won't show you real information about how many hours have you played.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 5 (10,657 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much, this was driving me crazy! My sims are redownloading now. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 5 (9,234 Views)

★ Novice

I tried following the instructions but I can't even find " ResetOrigin.zip". 

I deleted origin n re downloaded it however i dont seem to have it . I even wrote it in the research bar. 

Message 4 of 5 (2,895 Views)

@BUSTERJ2015

The Origin reset tool will have downloaded into your Downloads folder, or wherever downloads are normally saved to on your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (2,877 Views)