Sims 4 Will Not Download

by Lollylegs2903

Original Post

Sims 4 Will Not Download

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

My name is Lauren and I bought my Macbook Pro in September last year (September 2016) all was well till I download origin and went to put the Sims 4 on my mac. I had a windows computer before hand which I had played Sims 4 on and it had worked fine, I used custom content with it, etc. But I installed that with the discs, I have lost the discs and I also don't have a disc reader on my mac so that wouldn't help either way. I'm unsure what do to, for the past year or so I go to download, it comes up with 1 hour to 3 hours to download, then rises and rises, it has gotten to a 50 hour area and never goes down, or takes its sweet time and an hour takes days. I'm not sure what to do as I paid for the full game and now can't play it.

Please help, thank you,

Lauren xx

Message 1 of 6 (375 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Will Not Download

@Lollylegs2903

There has never been a disc version of the game for Mac so don't worry about that.

Have you tried all the suggestions in the stickied Mac/Origin thread?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes I have tried all of the suggestion solutions, the issue is still there.

Message 3 of 6 (351 Views)

@Lollylegs2903

Flushing the DNS didn't work? Can you set up a new user account on your Mac and see if it works in that account?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (337 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

nope. Doesn't help.. I'm not sure if it's a internet issue and I may have to contact our provider, it appears that our download speed is on extremely low but it should still be able to download, not too sure..

Message 5 of 6 (332 Views)

@Lollylegs2903

If you've worked methodically through every suggestion in the Downloads & Connections section of the link I gave you and it still isn't working then it most probably is your connection. Do you know the speed you're getting? If it's too slow it may be timing out. Some ISPs are rather naughty and throttle download speeds too. Did enabling Safe Mode in Origin not help?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (323 Views)